Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pizza/steak

Pizza/steak

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:23 am
jsperk well done
well done

I tried another type of sicilian pizza yesterday for lunch. This a replica of Victory Pig pizza, I think north east Pa and I combined the cheese to the edge like Detroit style. Now I never tried either so I have no clue if it's close but they are tasty.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Also tried a chuck eye for the first time. I really like this cut. Not a bad price for these steaks either.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:25 am
Griffin well done
well done

What's on the pizza? Kinda hard to tell. Anchovies? Looks good, like the bottom crust picture.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:40 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Gorgeous looking cookout, Jsperk! Luv that name "Victory Pig." And I'd take a Chuck Eye over a Filet Mignon any day. :D
Got beer???

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:46 am
jsperk well done
well done

Thanks guys. You are right Griffin, anchovies. I can't enough of this style pizza. I have two dough balls in fridge since Monday for a slow cold rise. That will be for dinner on Saturday. Thinking maybe a steak and cheese pizza.

Beercuer, I alsmost passed on this cut because I had chuck steaks once and wasn't a fan. It seemed tough.I thought they maybe the similar but totally different. Then I googled chuckeye and found it was right by the rib eye.
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:37 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Both meals look really good, Jsperk. Count me as another fan of the pizza crust and I'm glad you found out about chuck eye steaks - they're a great cut but sometimes hard to find. I gotta get me a pizza pan...

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:47 pm
jsperk well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Both meals look really good, Jsperk. Count me as another fan of the pizza crust and I'm glad you found out about chuck eye steaks - they're a great cut but sometimes hard to find. I gotta get me a pizza pan...

Thanks. Yea I will be buying chuck eys more often now that I found them.

Below is where I got my pans. There are other sites but I like that these were pre seasoned.
I got one size of each. I like the 8x10 for when I cook for myself. The bottom of the pan really measures 6.5x8.5 and you can take an inch and half off the 10x14. If you measure from the top of the pan its the size they say. I should have ordered 2 of each.
http://detroitstylepizza.co/detroit-style-pizza-pans
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:41 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Man, I'm drooling over the pizza.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion