Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Camera Question for Pic Posting

Camera Question for Pic Posting

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:17 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I need a hero (or heroes). I feel like my camera is going on the fritz. I am wondering about maybe sometime getting a cell phone or smart phone to do the job. I plead my total ignorance when it comes to those phones, as I neither have one nor know how to use one. However, I have once seen an image from an HD phone that was mighty impressive. I thought maybe I could save some bucs that way rather than getting a dedicated camera (not to mention, my camcorder is a wee bit old as well). Would you guys recommend that route? How do they compare? Any recommended models? Thanks! :D

There. I got my question in just in time for game 1 of the World Series. I'll be set to go with another pizzaburger, salad on the side, and plenty of salted peanuts in the shell to last me throughout the game. Naturally, I want San Francisco to win, but I don't know... those big boys from Detroit make those bats look like toothpicks in their hands. :D
Got beer???

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:27 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

I have a tracfone, an LG model and the pics seem okay to me- also have a small Olympus Stylus 7030 that seems okay to me.
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:35 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Skip the phone and buy something here. Price is no object, right? :lol:

If somebody told me a Latino 3rd baseman would hit 3 bombs last night the Panda would not have been my first guess... :wink:

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:38 pm
lostarrow well done
well done

I take my photos & post from photobucket without a computer using an I-Phone.
My older phone takes great photos & new model takes even better( my daughter has one).
New Braunfels
vermont castings gas grill
WSM
Char-Griller Kamodo

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:20 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I have a tracfone, an LG model and the pics seem okay to me- also have a small Olympus Stylus 7030 that seems okay to me.

Thank you for kindly responding, Jayeffel, and offering me something to consider. :D

Skip the phone and buy something here. Price is no object, right?

If somebody told me a Latino 3rd baseman would hit 3 bombs last night the Panda would not have been my first guess...

:lol: Yeah, ain't that hilarious, Brad? Quite the opposite of what I expected. And who would have thought that Linsicum would be on top of his game??? Anyway, to think were it not for Detroit's legendary pitching, that would have been 4 rockets.

Now, as for the camera, do you suppose MLB would change their promotion to "Steal a base, steal a camera?" I've got tacos! :lol:

I take my photos & post from photobucket without a computer using an I-Phone.
My older phone takes great photos & new model takes even better( my daughter has one).

And thank you for kindly responding, too, Lostarrow. I believe it was an iphone with HD that someone should me that had that wow! factor.

My hope is to get full HD that works well in room lighting and those really close macro close-ups. I don't necessarily need all the other bells and whistles that go with a phone. :D
Got beer???

Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:30 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

I suggest a dslr. Yes, they are expensive but my pics were greatly improved. I still have so much to learn about mine, but even auto-mode is fantastic. To me, a camera on a phone is nice when you don't have a camera.

My Canon T1i will also video in full HD. I love it.
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:12 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

tex_toby wrote:
I suggest a dslr. Yes, they are expensive but my pics were greatly improved. I still have so much to learn about mine, but even auto-mode is fantastic. To me, a camera on a phone is nice when you don't have a camera.

My Canon T1i will also video in full HD. I love it.

Thank you so much for shooting me a response, Tex, my Friend! Yeah, what I naively believed to be getting a phone camera real cheap is that only applies if one buys the service plan! :roll: :oops: I'd luv a dslr, but I have to think economy right now. I'm thrilled you are happy with yours. In many ways, I was delighted with my ol' Canon A630 (pick of the litter years ago)... until I saw what my friend's Sony could do, especially with macros and low light conditions. Now I know that the "best" camera is quite a subjective thing. After a whole lot of research (especially the YouTube videos), I've come to some general conclusions. The canons seem to offer about the most realistic looking. The Panasonics, in their best shots, are like looking through "sunglasses" though it were, and the Sonys are the most vibrant and bright, and just unbelievable at macros, in spite of the common heard "oil painting" effect. In the end, my heart spoke to me of Sony-- so I just opted for a Cybershot DSC WX150 (with 1080i HD).

Rats, though, ... today is my birthday, and I won't get it till Monday. How excitied I am to give it a whir! :D
Got beer???

Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:43 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Good deal, BC - looking forward to seeing it in action! Perhaps you should break it in with a hot dog? :wink:

Return to General Discussion