Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion New Dizzy Pig Stuff...(lots of pix)

New Dizzy Pig Stuff...(lots of pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:55 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

My wife and I had already purchased 2 different rubs from the Eggtoberfest before we realized that we both got goodie bags with one bottle of rub each. So we scored 4 bottles of the new stuff that Big Green Egg / Dizzy Pig just put out. Everything is veeery good!

Also picked me up a new discounted handle while I was there. My old handle went to poop awhile back... :lol:

Anyways, I tried the "Whirly Bird" on Sunday night on a whole chicken.

Smoke roasted this chicken directly on a raised grid at around 375 deg f until done.

My wife made some Roasted Potaotes using the "Viva Caliente" rub...

Everything was very, very good.

Then last night, we decided to try out the "Cosmic Cow" rub on the last dry aged NY strip that we had in the freezer.

Steak was KILLER!

Then tonight, decided to give the Cosmic Cow another go on some Venison Burgers. I made each Venison Burger 1/3 pound and also seasoned them with some Dale's Reduced Sodium Seasoning...

Burgers were really juicy! My deer processor does an excellent job. We served the burgers up with some Blue Cheese and Bacon Coleslaw that SCmustardman told me about awhile back. Can't begin to describe how good tonight's dinner was!

Very impressed with the new seasonings put out by Dizzy Pig and the BGE Company! We also have "Down and Dizzy" that we have yet to try. There were a few other items that were in our "goodie bag" from Saturday's Eggtoberfest.

Some Citronella Candles in the shape of BGE's, some Cedar Planks, some Wood Chips, a poster, etc. I also picked up one of their new and improved gaskets. I'll put that on tomorrow, since I'll be frying up some Cubed Deer Steaks inside on the big "Kitchen Clock" as Griffin likes to call it. ;) :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:24 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Oh deer,... what magnificent eats, Dyal! And man, that burger does indeed look tender and juicy, way to go! Ain't it awesome how the right rub can make a world of difference in flavor? I feel that way, especially when it comes to Chef Meritio's carne asada seasoning. And I just luv the names of your seasonings. I can't wait to see your jerky now. :D

Got beer???

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:42 am
Griffin well done
well done

Impressive eats there, Dyal, for sure! You done good.

And what a haul you landed in your goodie bag. Some nice stuff there. Hope we get half the stuff you get at Plano.

I've been wondering about the new rubs ever since Chris announced them awhile back on facebook. Seems some are supposed to be real similar to current ones and some are supposed to be totally different. Have't gotten my hands on any yet, haven't seen them in the stores. I'll have to keep looking. What was the Whirly bird and the caliente like?

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:07 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, guys!

BC, I can't wait to take a crack at the jerky myself. I picked up a variety pack of jerky seasonings and cure last week. I'm waiting for a slow weekend so I can have time to focus on making it right.

Griffin, both taste great. I guess I'd say that the Whirly Bird is similar to Raging River. Has a nice mild flavor. The Viva Caliente has a nice kick...a little bit southwesterny.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:59 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Looks fantastic as usual Dyal!

I have put those rubs on my xmas list along with a few other BGE things.....I think I've been a good boy this year.

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:08 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
...BC, I can't wait to take a crack at the jerky myself. I picked up a variety pack of jerky seasonings and cure last week. I'm waiting for a slow weekend so I can have time to focus on making it right. ...

Slow weekend = wise plan, Dyal. For me it's 24hours marinade, and about 8 hours to dry out (using London Broil cut to 1/8 inch thick). If you need more grill-estate, you can hang the strips on skewers. :D

Got beer???

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:43 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

That looks awesome - I made about 60 pounds of Italian sausage out this years deer. Maybe next year I'll save some for hamburger as well. It looks so nice and juicy!
Argentine Grill
WSM, Pit Barrel Cooker
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:12 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Everything looks great Dyal. That burger is really impressive looking. This sounds crazy but I rather have a great burger over steak. I grind a lot steaks or slice thin for sandwich. Always been more of a sandwich guy.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Return to General Discussion