Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Ever forget some prep work?

Ever forget some prep work?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:55 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I did this morning. I'm grilling some turkey thighs tonight and I wanted to season them this morning before leaving for work...so naturally I didn't remember until I'd been at my desk for about 30 minutes. :oops: Fortunately Mrs. Chicken was still at home so I got her to take care of it, although all she used was salt and pepper. Guess we'll be having a pretty simple supper. :wink:

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:32 am
Griffin well done
well done

Well, all is not lost. At least it's not a disaster, like forgetting to put them in a marinade and Mrs. Chicken already gone to work.

We totally forgot the chimichurri sauce we were gonna make for those flanken beef ribs. Fortunately, they didn't really need it.

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Everything turned out fine, and I was reminded of how good turkey can be with just S & P. I grilled the thighs indirect with Duraflame briquettes and they had nice flavor.

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:28 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

My most widely made mistake is a variation on that. I'll forget to put something on the food at the end when it comes off the grill. I'll have something sitting in the fridge intended to go on the food at the very end. Guests are arriving and things start getting a little crazy and I bring the food straight from the grill to the table and forget to add the last few items. Sometimes I don't discover it for a couple days too. I'll be rummaging around in the fridge for something else and I find a bowl with foil over top of it containing the items I was supposed to put on the food a couple days before. Whoops

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Return to General Discussion