Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled Chicken

Grilled Chicken

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:47 pm
Joe Grod medium
medium

For years, cooking chicken on the gas grill had been problematic, flare ups, poor temp control, etc.

Don't know why I didn't think of this before. Foiled bricks on the grate with a half steamer aluminum pan with water, topped by a stainless steel sheet designed to cook small bites on the grill. Sprayed the cooking surface with Pam, rubbed the bird with spices and some oil and away we go. Now only problem was that I started the grill on high, with all intentions of lowering the temp once the bird was on. But as they say, best laid plans, I forgot to lower the flame. Good thing it was elevated or else it would have been incinerated. Anyway, caught it in time. Served the chicken along with some home fried potatoes and apple stuffing.

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Sometimes chicken just hits the spot! Made me some chicken last night too.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:12 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Good job solving the problem, Joe. I take it you created a modified direct grilling setup?

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:59 pm
Joe Grod medium
medium

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Good job solving the problem, Joe. I take it you created a modified direct grilling setup?

Sort of, the cooking surface was above the water pan and created a grilling and roasting effect. Chicken was moist and there were no complaints, that's all I could have hoped for.

Return to General Discussion