Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Flat Iron Steak and Veggies

Flat Iron Steak and Veggies

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:25 am
Griffin well done
well done

Did a simple quick cook last night. Flat iron steaks are one of Mrs. G's favorites so I picked one up the other day. Flavorful cut of beef and not real fatty like a ribeye. She made some kind of quick marinade for it. Think it had worsey sauce, salt and pepper, garlic powder, maybe onion powder (not sure on that) and a bit of chipotle powder. Think that might have been it. I wasn't paying attention as I was slicind up a squash and a zuke. These went into a zip lock bag with some Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and some red pepper. Like I said, quick and simple.

Been feeling a little sorry for the Large Egg. It's gotten a bit neglected this week, so I fired it up and got it to 500F

Somehow didn't get any pics of the veggies or the steak cooking, but the steak went about 10 minutes I think, veggies a bit less.

Gotta have the sliced shot.

Lately, when I eat beef that's got a lot of pink to it, my stomach doesn't feel that great, so I gave Mrs. G the thick end as she likes hers pink and I took the more done thin end.

I'm not an expert by far, but I think this qualifies as a healthy meal, right? Came out real good. Nothing fancy, just some plain, simple, flavorful food. We were pleased with the results.

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:44 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Looks great Griff :)

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:08 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice and pink with a good crust...steak doesn't get much better than that!

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:39 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

One of my favorites!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:45 pm
2beast medium-well
medium-well

Mmmm............Flat iron steak :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:

Return to General Discussion