Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Some weeknight drumsticks

Some weeknight drumsticks

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Awhile back I found an online recipe for marinated chicken drumsticks and did a bit of an adaptation a couple of nights ago. The main ingredients are salt, olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano, but I substituted lime and added some basil and a little white wine...because they were handy.

The chicken marinated for about a day before I put the drumsticks in the rack and filled the drip pan with sliced mushrooms...because they were handy.:wink:

I had a good idea of what I'd get with the chicken but was unsure about the mushrooms.

Doneness-wise everything was fine but I should've salted the drumsticks before putting them into the marinade; I think they would've had better flavor and the mushrooms would've turned out better as well, but overall they were pretty good. There's always room for improvement...
Image Image

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:28 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Actually, that is some lovely coloring on them there sticks, Brad. Regarding the salt, alternatively you could flavor brine the sticks for a prolonged time befroe the marinade, or that is the perfect time to hit them with popcorn salt fro more saltiness. The very small grains of popcorn salt lend themselves quite nicely to sticking to chicken skin. :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion