Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Cheesy Chops

Cheesy Chops

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:58 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

...Or pork parmesan (in the style of Sorento). My favorite cut of chop is the rib end chop like I have here. The're great just grilled with some horseradish or wasabi on the side, but sometimes I like to dress them up to. And it's a great excuse to get my ol' Griswold skillet out to the pit as well.

First things first-- got to grill the chops and tenderize the sliced bell peppers and crimini mushrooms.

Time to put the chops in the pan and top with a tomato sauce and shredded parmesan.

Will it all fit onto one plate? Now is a good time to season with your favorite herbs like oregano and basil, if you forgot to do so like I just did. :lol:

That recipe makes me think of pizza. Just cause I've got it, here is a pic of my previous night's dinner, a pork stew. I'm so fond of comfort food! :D

Got beer???

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:37 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very interesting recipe, BC. I've never seen chops prepared that way before...not even on Lidia's Italy or Ciao Italia!

The stew looks mighty thick. Did you eat it with a fork instead of a spoon? :wink:

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:58 am
Griffin well done
well done

Yes please, I'll take one. Looks great.

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:42 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Cheesy chops, great idea. Those look great.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:48 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

That looks superb, BC! I wish I had that for dinner tonight, but I actually went out for dinner and had "Carne Asada" from the Mexican Restaurant in your honor. It was good, but I think it would be better over real charcoal. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:37 am
jstewart well done
well done

What a great way to fix the chops!! Thanks for sharing.....
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:17 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks a lot, Fellas :D

Dyal-- I am most sorry the carne asada you had was not all that it could have been. You sure are right about the charcoal, and with a touch of mesquite added. I have found that with restaurants, carne asada, like huevos rancheros, can vary between gone-to-Heaven fine dining and truly detestable. :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion