Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Company BBQ Team

Company BBQ Team

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:39 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

I'm relatively new to my company (joined in January) but just found out they do a yearly BBQ competition and invite reseller partners. Since I am a tech guy, I'm used to lots of Indians so I made Tandoori Chicken from scratch. Showed up with a steaming hot foil pan of 24 pieces. Not a single Indian in the bunch, but it went immediately. I don't suppose I'll win the competition, since there were way more eaters than I brought chicken (AND a guy made pig candy, which is sure to score #1. I voted for his entry myself.

- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:21 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

"The best laid plans..." :lol:

So is that a knit cap or shirt you received as a participant? Looks pretty neat!

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:20 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

I'll bet what you made will stay in people's minds far longer than the food made by folks who made the usual barbecue fare.

Jim

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 am
phillyjazz well done
well done

I was a nice lightweight Nike golf shirt. Pretty class act. I hope it wasn't too excotic for their tastes. There were probably a dozen spices in the Tandoori paste along with lime juice, yoghurt and fresh ginger.. Marinating overnight was worth it. I usually rush that step. Also 500F in the clay cooker was a traditional Indian way to do it. I'm amazed they cook in about 10 minutes at that heat (all thighs.) They sure stay juicy that way.
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Return to General Discussion