Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Company BBQ Team

Company BBQ Team

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:39 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

I'm relatively new to my company (joined in January) but just found out they do a yearly BBQ competition and invite reseller partners. Since I am a tech guy, I'm used to lots of Indians so I made Tandoori Chicken from scratch. Showed up with a steaming hot foil pan of 24 pieces. Not a single Indian in the bunch, but it went immediately. I don't suppose I'll win the competition, since there were way more eaters than I brought chicken (AND a guy made pig candy, which is sure to score #1. I voted for his entry myself.

- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:21 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

"The best laid plans..." :lol:

So is that a knit cap or shirt you received as a participant? Looks pretty neat!

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:20 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

I'll bet what you made will stay in people's minds far longer than the food made by folks who made the usual barbecue fare.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 am
phillyjazz well done
well done

I was a nice lightweight Nike golf shirt. Pretty class act. I hope it wasn't too excotic for their tastes. There were probably a dozen spices in the Tandoori paste along with lime juice, yoghurt and fresh ginger.. Marinating overnight was worth it. I usually rush that step. Also 500F in the clay cooker was a traditional Indian way to do it. I'm amazed they cook in about 10 minutes at that heat (all thighs.) They sure stay juicy that way.
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Return to General Discussion