Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Buffalo ribs

Buffalo ribs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:29 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

No, not buffalo as in bison but Buffalo as in the city and the wings. The recipe comes from Ribs, Ribs, Ribs. and I grilled up a rack a couple of weeks ago.

The recipe calls for ribs (duh) and spices and seasonings to create the Buffalo flavor. Unfortunately my biggest cutting board is white poly and it always has a funky effect on the camera.
Image Image

I can't remember for sure but I'm pretty sure I prepped the ribs that afternoon and this is what they looked like after a few hours in the fridge, just before heading to the grill.

The ribs were grilled indirect and bone side down until the ends showed about 1/4" and they were acceptably droopy.
Image Image

Of course, sauce is a necessity! The ribs had a good mix of flavor and heat and were a nice change of pace from wings, although it was tough to separate the flavor of the pork from the rub, sauce, and blue cheese dressing (recipe also in the book). And while they take longer to cook than wings with enough advance planning I think they'd be just fine anytime wings are called for.

Brad

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:02 am
Griffin well done
well done

Genius!! Why didn't I think of that first? And why have we never seen those before? At least I haven't. Thanks for sharing, Brad.

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:23 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Why what a clever idea! They look like they turned out really well. I can't believe I somehow missed that recipe in Ribsx3. I'll have to do something about that! Really cool cook Brad, thanks for sharing.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:29 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

That sounds interesting. Looks great...I'm gonna have to give this a try.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:55 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
That sounds interesting. Looks great...I'm gonna have to give this a try.

+1

Return to General Discussion