Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:38 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

So I've been having a huge craving for sweets and yesterday with the kids off of school my daughter and I decided to make some Butter Pecan cookies with some chocolate chips in them. I mean you can't go wrong with that combination, right? I'm not gonna go in the details of the ingredients because that'll be on my blog and well quite honestly I'm really lazy today :) But here are some pictures...BTW, I covered the pizza stone with tinfoil because I could not find a circle cookie sheet to save my life.

Melt 2 sticks of butter

Untitled by EKomrska, on Flickr

Once melted pour into the mixing bowl and let cool and then put the chopped pecans in the remainder of the butter and toss around until aromatic

Put them on the Egg

And the first batch is done.....I tell you they came out amazing and I'm sure would be even better had I found my cookie sheet

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:21 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Ya gotta do this to me, don't ya? When I'm currently sitting here at 9:20 PM, trying to behave myself... And I do have sweets in the kitchen that I've been staring at for the last 2 days... You're an evil man, Edward....eeevil I say!!! :lol:

Nice looking cookies, btw! ;)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:42 am
Griffin well done
well done

Lookin' good Eddie, can't wait for the recipe.

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:42 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Glad to see you are getting out of your lull Eddie!. One thing "they" say about using the Egg as an oven is you shouldn't use it for baking sweet things because they pick up the flavor of the smoke from the charcoal. First off, someone needs to tell me who "they" are-going around spouting opinions on everything from A-Z. Anyway I am curious if you've had any problems with the desserts you've made on your Egg? Great looking cookies BTW & TIA.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:38 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

In all my sweets I've made on there I have made sure to really run down the coals so you don't have any smoke coming from them and also the lump I use is not-woodsy flavored. Make sense?

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:51 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

EddieK1376 wrote:
In all my sweets I've made on there I have made sure to really run down the coals so you don't have any smoke coming from them and also the lump I use is not-woodsy flavored. Make sense?
Sure does, thanks. What brand of lump do you use? So far I've been using Wicked Good.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:54 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

jfm0830 wrote:
EddieK1376 wrote:
Sure does, thanks. What brand of lump do you use? So far I've been using Wicked Good.

Jim

Wicked Good Weekend Warrior here :)

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:01 am
Griffin well done
well done

The Komodo extruded coconut charcoal has been my favorite for desserts so far, but its expensive and alas...the stuff I was given to try ran out. Not sure I would buy anymore. I think its like $40 a box for 20 lbs.

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:42 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

jfm0830 wrote:
One thing "they" say about using the Egg as an oven is you shouldn't use it for baking sweet things because they pick up the flavor of the smoke from the charcoal. First off, someone needs to tell me who "they" are-going around spouting opinions on everything from A-Z.

I don't think I have to prove that I am definitely not one of those "A-Z" people. I mean, I've figured out ways to add smoke to ice cream...so.... :lol:

Great job on those cookies, Eddie. Makes me smile to see the Egg being used for dessert. 8)

Return to General Discussion