Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pigs In A Blanket

Pigs In A Blanket

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:04 am
Griffin well done
well done

My original plan was to make appetizers all day long Saturday to munch on throughout the day. You know what they say about plans. My dogs had other ideas and decided "Daddy" didn't need to sleep in. Instead, he should get up WAY TOO early and go outside with them. As I'm sitting there, hot cup of coffee in hand, enjoying the cold weather, I decided that pigs in a blanket would go along just fine with breakfast.

Got the Egg lit and stabilized at 400F, place setter legs down, three green feet for spacers and a cookie sheet filled with pigs in a blanket.

Spun the cookie sheet a time or two to ensure even cooking and then at about the 20 minute mark, we were about done.

Fried me up an egg to go along with it and breakfast was served.

Not how I would have chosen to start my Saturday (the dogs had a stern talking to, but I think they ignored me), but a good start. I think this was only the second time I've cooked breakfast on the Egg (the other being Scotch Eggs. Not sure its gonna become a habit, as I'm not a big breakfast person, but we'll see what the dogs have to say about that.

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:20 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's my kind of breakfast! Now that you've established a precedent the next batch should use some breakfast sausages in place of the cocktail weenies.

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:16 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Looks delicious! Did you make your own pigs in a blanket, or were they store-bought?
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:41 am
Griffin well done
well done

Made 'em myself....if you consider taking crescent roll dough, cutting it into 1/3s and wrapping it around lil smokies home made. :wink:

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:15 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Made 'em myself....if you consider taking crescent roll dough, cutting it into 1/3s and wrapping it around lil smokies home made. :wink:

Sounds like homemade to me!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:22 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Those look delicious!! I really like the idea of using the cookie sheet for them.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:06 am
Griffin well done
well done

I guess I could have used the pizza stone, but I didn't feel like waiting for it to pre-heat.

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:43 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Now that's how you wake up in the morning. 8)

Return to General Discussion