Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Last Night's Bratwursts

Last Night's Bratwursts

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:49 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Just a couple pix...these are Johnsonville's Pork and Chicken Brats, which have 50% less fat.

http://www.johnsonville.com/products/po ... brats.html

These were directly grilled with some Cherry Wood, along with a couple Jalapeno Peppers.

Topped mine with Mustard, Ketchup, Sauerkraut and Jalapenos. Along with some Roasted Potatoes and Hot Pickled Okra for the sides. Simple, but good. And I highly recommend these bratwursts. Lots of flavor.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:40 am
Griffin well done
well done

Served up on your finest China. Great looking meal.

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:38 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Johnsonville. It's what we export so we can keep the good stuff for ourselves. :twisted:

I'm undecided as to what I'm going to make tonight and those brats look pretty good!

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:19 pm
Trollby well done
well done

My grilling has been limited lately.

Last night I made Garlic chicken with Almond and Cranberry Couscous in my dutch oven

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:17 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Trollby wrote:

Last night I made Garlic chicken with Almond and Cranberry Couscous in my dutch oven

Man, that sounds good! I'm always looking to try something new. Care to share, or is it in a cookbook?
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:35 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Mighty tasting looking vittles there Dyal. Nicely done!

LOL Brad. I've always wondered how Johnsonville brats were looked on by the locals in brat country. Is there another brand with more than just local distribution that you would recommend?

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:55 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Well, in other parts of the country Johnsonville is probably the easiest Wisconsin bratwurst to find so I don't think I could really suggest anything else, but if you ever come across some Klement's or Usinger's definitely give them a try. Certainly there's nothing wrong with Johnsonville products but there are so many unique, independent choices around here that it's tough to buy a national brand, although we buy Klement's for tailgating because they're a big advertiser with the Brewers.

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:05 am
Griffin well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Johnsonville. It's what we export so we can keep the good stuff for ourselves. :twisted:

And all the while, people in Germany are silently laughing at Wisconsin. Best brats I ever had were back in August when I got to go to Germany. Johnsonville doesn't even begin to compare. :wink:

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:51 pm
Trollby well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Trollby wrote:

Man, that sounds good! I'm always looking to try something new. Care to share, or is it in a cookbook?

the recipe is here:

Dutch Oven Recipes

Return to General Discussion