Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Canadian Thanksgiving

Canadian Thanksgiving

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Did any of our friends to the North cook today? Any inspiration to give us for next month?

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:43 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nope - sorry. The closest I got was watching my dad grill some foil-wrapped veggies for the turkey my mom cooked in the oven.

In fact, the only time my family broke with this tradition was 7 years ago when my uncle tried to deep-fry a turkey - which is something we don't talk about now. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:07 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

So is turkey the traditional dish for Canadian Thanksgiving? Or did you just borrow it from us because you didn't have anything better? :lol:

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:43 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

ScreamingChicken wrote:
So is turkey the traditional dish for Canadian Thanksgiving? Or did you just borrow it from us because you didn't have anything better? :lol:

Turkey or ham is the usual. And I guess we borrowed it from the Americans after the War of 1812. This is likely because there were plenty of live coals up in Washington to cook the birds on. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion