Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Teriyaki Chicken Legs

Teriyaki Chicken Legs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:02 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

I wasn't originally gonna post these, but since I'm hearing crickets on the forum this week, I'll go ahead and share. :)

Just some simple Teriyaki Chicken from Monday night...

I dusted the chicken down with a little corn starch and seasoning, and threw in some Hickory to add smoke. After the legs left the smoker, I tossed them around in the Teriyaki Sauce.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

How was the flavor? Teriyaki isn't something I'd usually associate with wood smoke.

Post away, even if it's just "ordinary" food!

OTOH, I don't think anyone wants to hear about the On-Cor frozen entree I microwaved last night... :wink:

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:10 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
How was the flavor? Teriyaki isn't something I'd usually associate with wood smoke.

Post away, even if it's just "ordinary" food!

OTOH, I don't think anyone wants to hear about the On-Cor frozen entree I microwaved last night... :wink:

I think this was the first time I've used wood smoke for teriyaki chicken. I wasn't planning on using wood, but then just decided to experiment a little. Turned out great!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:15 am
Griffin well done
well done

Chirp, Chirp, Chirp....Is anybody here? here? here? (that was an echo)

Dyal's got some great looking chicken legs, not to mention these teriyaki ones he cooked. :wink:

How'd you get that color on them in the first picture? Did you marinate them in anything?

I almost dusted my hens with some cornstarch. Thought about it while I was at work, but then totally forgot when it was time to cook them. Mighta been those coupla Lone Star Lights. :lol:

Post Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:20 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Chirp, Chirp, Chirp....Is anybody here? here? here? (that was an echo)

Dyal's got some great looking chicken legs, not to mention these teriyaki ones he cooked. :wink:

How'd you get that color on them in the first picture? Did you marinate them in anything?

I almost dusted my hens with some cornstarch. Thought about it while I was at work, but then totally forgot when it was time to cook them. Mighta been those coupla Lone Star Lights. :lol:

LOL!! Thanks for checkin' out my legs. The color was from the Hickory. They were just about done at that point. The lighting made them look a little different once I placed them in the bowl.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion