Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Rotisserie Ribs

Rotisserie Ribs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:09 pm
Don Marco well done
well done

Howdy,

heres some Ribs i cooked on my Auspit a couple of weeks ago. Rubbed with my Cherry Bomb Rub and cooked over a cherry wood fire. Out of this world delicious ! :P

Cheers !

DM

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:53 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

How cool is that?! 8) How did you get those flames to shoot up so high?? Looks like you added gasoline! :lol: Is that an XL BGE dome converted into a fire bowl? Seems like I remember you using that before, and I would normally look it up without asking. But I've had a heck of a time using the search feature on the forum recently.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:29 am
mbshop well done
well done

wow ! if those tasted half as good as they look they would be terrific !
i really gotta do ribs on my rotiiserie.
george
spam, can't live without it.

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:35 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

Cool rig and nicely done! Those ribs like they turned out really tasty!

Jim

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:43 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's a very interesting rotisserie! Is there an optional support for the other end so that it can handle heavier loads?

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:14 am
Don Marco well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Looks like you added gasoline! :lol: Is that an XL BGE dome converted into a fire bowl?

Actually i used some alcohol to light that fire :twisted: Its quite a show and i woud never use gasoline to light a fire i would cook on.
That fire bowl is an old XL Egg dome. It had a little chip in the glaze and couldnt be sold so i made the most out of it 8)

Works phantastic and burns a really hot and clean fire because you get air through the hole and the ceramics get so hot.

DM

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:16 am
Don Marco well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
That's a very interesting rotisserie! Is there an optional support for the other end so that it can handle heavier loads?

Theres no support on the other end with the Auspit. You can put it into the ground or mount it on a paver or wall and it can hold 18 pounds of meat on its own.
I´m sure if you put a support on the other side and have the meat centered and balanced it would hold a lot more though.

DM

Return to General Discussion