Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Something Different...Pork Sliders 2 ways

Something Different...Pork Sliders 2 ways

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:29 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

I've been getting a little bored lately on the grill, because most my stuff has been same ol' same ol'. Tonight my wife and I were trying to decide on dinner while walking through Food Lion. It was getting late, we were hungry and nothing looked appetizing. We were just about to call it quits and just get Chinese takeout when I saw a cheap small pork roast. Pork sliders popped in my head, so that's what we went with.

I can't remember the weight of this roast, but I was able to make 8 sliders with it, as well as have enough leftover ground pork to make 2 big burgers with at a later date.

I ground it up in my KA and seasoned the sliders with Sucklebuster's Hoochie Momma.

I threw in a handful of cherry chips to add a hint of smoke. Also roasted up some Jalapenos.

Whipped up a couple different variations, and they were served on King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls... I loooove their sweet rolls. http://www.kingshawaiian.com/ Two of my sliders were topped with Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce, Homemade Cole Slaw, and the Roasted Jalapenos. The other two were topped with Sweet Chilli Sauce, Chopped Onions and Pineapples.

Served up with some fresh veggies and Nathan's Beer Battered Onion Rings.

Nice change of pace. Can't wait to make bigger burgers out of the leftover ground pork that's now in my freezer. The pork was nice and juicy and had a ton of flavor.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I luv 'em, Dyal! Great alternative and variety!
Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice job of improvising! Was that by chance a sirloin roast? It looks like it's kind of convoluted.

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thx, fellas'! I think it may have been a sirloin roast, Brad. It had plenty enough fat on it to not be dried out. It was tasty!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Griffin well done
well done

Looks great Dayl. Never had them before, but seeing yours and LawnRanger (the greeneggers last week) has really made me want to try them. So you don't need to add any fat to them? Wonder how they would be with some bacon ground up to go in them.....

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Everything is better with bacon! Bet they would be awesome that way. I thought I remembered seeing a pork slider post over there, but I couldn't find it when I tried searching for it. That's what gave me the idea. They were tasty!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Don Marco well done
well done

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow, that looks phantastic ! Love the roasted jalapenos on burgers.

DM

Return to General Discussion