Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion When Beercuer came to lunch

When Beercuer came to lunch

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:19 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Well, in spirit anyway. :wink:

Awhile back he posted some steaks that had been marinated in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and they looked so good that I had to give it a try.

I had a single ribeye hiding in the freezer for a time when I would be eating by myself, and last Saturday's lunch turned out to be that time.

I salted the steak lightly before applying the balsamic vinegar, which came out of the bottle a little faster than I expected, and olive oil. It marinated for 4 hours and I added a little more salt and some pepper after wiping off the marinade.
Image Image

Lump charcoal + cast iron = grill marks.

The oil and vinegar added a nice complementary flavor to the beef, and what's a steak without mushrooms?
Image Image

I'd definitely use this marinade with a steak again, especially since the ingredients are pretty common and usually on hand. Thanks, Beercuer!

Brad

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:24 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Say Brad, how about that?-- I'm the first one to lunch. Excellent and exquisite looking steaks there, Brother! I am really delighted you enjoyed with the marinade. Luv them grill marks and how you sliced the steaks up and mixed with the shrooms. I must say, I like the looks of your steak better than mine. :D
Got beer???

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:03 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

That sounds excellent! I'm gonna have to give that one a try soon.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Yum!! I've done something similar before with pork chops. Works very well with those too.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:29 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks, guys! I really wasn't too sure what to expect but I figured if BC recommended it things would be OK! :lol:

Return to General Discussion