Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Anyone seen or done this?

Anyone seen or done this?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:14 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I know how to spatchcock a chicken and even split them in half, but never seen it done this way.
The chicken is opened in a half the long way and the top (breast) is spilt from the bottom except around the neck area. It’s a popular way of splitting chicken in Argentinean BBQ evidently, and I’m not sure what the advantage of doing this way. If any one had it or tried it, please share.
Thanks

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:36 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Yep, I did that once before. I didn't really see any advantages though...although it was fun getting the reaction from my wife. :lol: She says that I am "Messed Up In The Head"... I don't know what she is talking about. :twisted:

viewtopic.php?t=22156

I'm guessing it's more of a presentation thing, although I guess you could keep the breasts further away from the coals with a 2-3 zone setup, which would keep them from drying out.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:42 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I've done this a few times. Not a lot of advantage to the method except that it looks a lot more tidy - which is something.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion