Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Another Friday

Another Friday

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:20 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Anybody got anything going on this weekend? I was out of town last weekend and I have to take my wife to the new pizza place in town because I'm in trouble for going there by myself last night, but there's a steak hitting the grill sometime between now and Monday!

Brad

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:52 pm
Kenny 13 well done
well done

I'm just getting back in the swing of things after suffering significant losses in hurricane Isaac, and last night was the first time I was able to fire up the egg in about 5 or 6 weeks due to technical difficulties that came up before the storm. So, last night was just some simple ribeyes grilled at 700° dome temperature with just some kosher salt & black pepper, then drizzled with a little olive oil. Tonight will be some burgers, possibly stuffed with mushrooms, caramelized onions, & provolone cheese, then possibly ribs at some point during the weekend. Trying to make up for lost time lol
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:44 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Glad to hear you are getting back on your feet Kenny.

I don't know what is up for Saturday and Sunday yet, but I will be posting a deep dish pizza I made today.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:31 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Kenny,

Sorry to hear of the setback with the hurricane. I know, from experience, they are not a whole lot of fun....

As for cooking this weekend, looks like tri-tip and corn on the cob for Sunday. Too much other stuff to do anything else.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:15 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, Kenny. Hopefully you'll be fully recovered very soon.

Jim, the pizza sounds great but I'm going to have to wait until Monday to view the thread...the dialup connection here at the house doesn't work so hot with lots of photos. :(

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:13 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

I think for the NFL games I'm gonna make some piri-piri wings, ABT's, potato skins!

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:26 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Gonna do the Mesquite Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings with Creamy Feta Dressing from the BGE Cookbook today for the game. My wife bought almost 5 pounds of wings though, so I'm gonna figure out another flavor and do 2 different types. I'll ponder about that while I mow the lawn in a few minutes. Not sure about tomorrow yet...maybe some calzones since I've been craving those lately...but that's subject to change, because my mind never shuts off. :)

Kenny, I too am sorry for the bad luck. Glad to hear you're getting back on your feet. I also hope that you're still recovering well from your surgery.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:55 pm
Kenny 13 well done
well done

Thanks for the kind words guys, and yes, I am fully recovered from the surgery!
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Return to General Discussion