Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion emerils rib rub

emerils rib rub

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:25 am
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

any of you guys ever try emerils rib rub and if so what did you think of it
TIMS BBQ

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:04 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

timbarber84 wrote:
any of you guys ever try emerils rib rub and if so what did you think of it

Yeah, I've tried it. It was way too salty for our taste. But to each his/her own. I still got almost a full bottle in the cabinet from a long time ago.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:27 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

thanks for the reply dyal i saw it at the store and was wondering about it yeah he uses a lot of salt even on his show
TIMS BBQ

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:01 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Has anyone checked out the Recipes section of the Food TV website? For the longest time they had all of Emeril's spice recipes online including all of his rubs. I didn't find any on a quick search, so maybe when Martha Stewart bought out his trademark and everything else for $50M+ a few years ago they likely got taken down.

But for the longest time you could download or copy the exact recipes for his rubs and spice mixes. Of course, I think this was an oversight that wasn't addressed once Emeril started doing some merchandising. I've still got a few of the recipes at home somewhere. Oh - and I'd bet they're in his oldest cookbooks too. :D

Who knows? Maybe it's still somewhere on the Food Network or Food Network Canada websites (they're different). But if you can find a recipe for the actual rubs somewhere, why pay retail for 'em? :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion