Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQ Pizza

BBQ Pizza

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:15 am
Joe Grod medium
medium

Made pan pizza the other night on my Grand Hall Gas Grill. Placed a cookie sheet with pizza dough, and a light application of sauce, on top of a set of aluminum covered bricks. After the bottom of the dough developed some color, spread more sauce, cheese and spices.

Friend asked me why I didn't place the dough directly on the grill and the answer was that my 8 yr old grandson probably wouldn't have eaten it if it had grill marks and was too crispy.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:23 am
Griffin well done
well done

Nothing better than pizza on the grill, Joe. Looks like it needs some meat on it.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:34 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Joe, do you use the bricks to get the pan a little farther away from direct heat in order to protect it? Seems like a pretty good idea, and the pizza looks good, too!

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:27 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

That pizza looks mighty good Joe! It's making me hungry and I had a big lunch. In fact I'm thinking I may just need some pizza in next few days myself. As Griffin said you can't beat pizza on the grill.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:59 am
Joe Grod medium
medium

Thanks guys, that was a picture of one of three pies I made that night. Although my grandson won't eat traditional pizza toppings (peperoni, sausage, meatballs) he did eat a pie I made with ham, crumbled bacon and chopped pickled jalapenos (go figure). His favorite pizza is topped with chopped boneless buffalo chicken bites, which wasn't on the menu that night.

Cooking the pies on a good quality cookie sheet on top of foiled covered bricks permitted better control of the cooking process.

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:26 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Looks great! Really good idea on elevating the pan!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion