Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Wing Night

Wing Night

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:03 am
Griffin well done
well done

I realized I hadn't made wings in awhile and I hadn't made plain Buffalo Wings in like forever, so I decided to make some up Saturday night to munch on while watching the Baylor game and later the UT game (it was until the last moment that I noticed Baylor wasn't even being aired :evil: ). When I ran the plan by Mrs. G, she insisted that I make some Piri-piri wings for her, those being her favorite. Who am I to argue?

Cooked these at 450 on the BGE raised grate along with a foil packet of taters. Wings took about 25 minutes, taters around 35, although next time I'd probably give them another 5 to 10 minutes. Used a few pecan chunks and some apple wood chips for some smoke.

Served 'em up with some ranch to dip 'em in and some celery.

Not sure why it's been so long since I've made Buffalo Wings. Sometimes simple is better, but then again, the Piri-piri wings were pretty darn tasty, too. Wings, beer and football.....love this time of year.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:32 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I almost grabbed a package of wings at the store the other day...now I'm regretting my decision!

And now that you mention it it's been a long time since I've had just some regular Buffalo wings, too. Might have to cook up a batch this weekend.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:00 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Looks tasty! Great sports food, Griffin. Did you use "Frank's" brand sauce or another?
Got beer???

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:27 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Frank's. It works for me. I don' tlike Tabasco. Too vinegary for me.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:19 pm
tex_toby well done
well done

Yessir!
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:34 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Great-looking wings Griffin, both of them. And frankly I think you have the wrong attitude mister. Beer and wings can be had year-round, you don't need to wait for football to enjoy beer and wings. Enough said :!:

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:17 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

jfm0830 wrote:
Great-looking wings Griffin, both of them. And frankly I think you have the wrong attitude mister. Beer and wings can be had year-round, you don't need to wait for football to enjoy beer and wings. Enough said :!:

Jim

:lol: +1!! What's wrong with you, Griffin? :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:30 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Griffin, I was wondering because I have read that Frank's is the original and traditional recipe for Buffalo wings. I have problems around here, because when I do hot wings, it always includes my brother who prefers a Louisiana style sauce, while I tend toward the Mexican sauces, as I can get a jug size for less than the price of a small bottle of Frank's. But I do enjoy the Frank's.

,,,And frankly I think you have the wrong attitude mister. ...

Jim--"Frankly" as in "saucy," Jim? :D
Got beer???

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:04 am
Griffin well done
well done

:shock: Woo, woo, woo...hold on a minute!! I never said wings and beer couldn't be enjoyed year round. I simply said I love this time of year because we could have wings and beer and FOOTBALL!! You silly people....I'm not sure what I am going to do with you. :wink: :lol:

Return to General Discussion