Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grill Gazebo Finished & Open for Business

Grill Gazebo Finished & Open for Business

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
jfm0830 well done
well done

This summer has brought some unexpected surprises. I started off the summer with a new 10‘x10’ EZ-Up replacing my original 6 year old EZ-Up and my Kenmore Elite 6-burner gas grill & CG Smokin’ Pro smoker. I was hoping for my birthday in August I could get the new CG Kamado Kooker. Then came a surprise announcement that Apple was paying a quarterly dividend and all of my stock was bought before their split. I had 2x what I remembered buying. This allowed me to buy a new BGE. In August my EZ-Up failed, but in September, using more dividend money, I was able to design my own grill gazebo and have it built for me in less that a week. It is finished as of today and it was timely because after a clear week, rain is expected tonight. Here are the finished pictures of my new grill gazebo, which will give me year round shelter. Pardon me while I continue to do a Snoopy happy dance.

I added these pictures after the overnight rain. I am happy to report my grills are all high and dry.

Jim
Last edited by jfm0830 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

jstewart well done
well done

I am envious!!!! It all looks good....I guess we're ready for seeing what comes next :D :D :D

Enjoy!!
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

smokin'gal well done
well done

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Mighty fine lookin' setup you got there, Jim! :D I, too, am envious! Does the ventilation work as well as you had hoped, with the smoke? You are quite the architect!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

jfm0830 well done
well done

Thanks guys and gal.

Jimmy:
I'm afraid what comes next is several days where I'm not around to enjoy using my grill and by extension the new grill gazebo.

DyaL:
I promise when I use it for the first time, I will be sure to mention in my post about the ventilation. It should vent better than my EZ-Up which had no ventilation and was also lower. The EZ-Up was down at around 7'-6" and used to vent a lot of a lot of the smoke. Howver on really humid days or wet rainy days you would see smoke collecting under the roof and hovering down just below the level of the bottom of the tent material. I am hoping between the 1 foot higher height, the open gable ends, and the continuous ridge venting my days of being a candidate for black lung disease are over.

Between my new Egg in August in this new grill gazebo in September it's been a wonderful end of summer, that's for sure.

Jim
2 Large BGEs

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

So now the question is: will you screen the sides yet this year or will that wait until 2013? :wink:

jfm0830 well done
well done

Actually Brad the answer is Choice C-none of the above. I put in 3 evergreen screening bushes Sunday, and that may be it until Spring comes (and the money tree bears fruit). I am looking into what type of lighting I want to use and the materials I want to use for the conduits and outlets. I want the exposed conduits to look as good as possible. This would bE next phase of work now or in the Spring. Right now I am thinking I want to keep it as open as possible.

This may be the last work done on the grill gazebo until next spring. These ink berry bushes are good in shade and tolerate the cold well. They will grow to twice the height & twice the width. They can be pruned like a hedge and when they grow in they should make a nice visual screen for the grills.

Jim

EDIT: Added pix
Last edited by jfm0830 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 Large BGEs

Buckeye Bob well done
well done

Jfm,

This looks outstanding. Almost as good as my rain protection.

:D :D :D

jfm0830 well done
well done

Thanks Bob. I thought your solution was very creative and McGyver-like. The only problem is it didn't deal with the cook. But then again you don't have to spend large amounts of time out fussing over the Egg.

Jim
2 Large BGEs

Return to General Discussion