Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Spicy Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups

Spicy Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:56 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Loosely based this recipe off of this one:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/spi ... 07409.aspx

Except I added a few things, like some Truffled Sea Salt for the Chicken, and my own Spaghetti Sauce...

Some Homemade Sauce, the Chicken, some Herbs, some Fresh Parmesan, a couple of Eggs and some Fresh Mozzarella were tossed together for the filling...

Rolled up and placed in the CI skillet along with some more Sauce and Fresh Mozzarella...

Added some Garlic Bread toward the end to toast up...

Pretty good dinner, but my wife is the Italian Cook of the family... Her Italian food is hands down better than mine. This was decent, but I'd take a plate of my wife's Homemade Lasagna over this any day of the week.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:34 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I don't know, Dyal... Your lasagna looks pretty spectacular to me! :D
Got beer???

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:18 pm
jstewart well done
well done

beercuer wrote:

I have to agree!! Now, if I could only find a good substitute for the noodles (I eat low carb meals) :wink:
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:32 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

jstewart wrote:
beercuer wrote:

I have to agree!! Now, if I could only find a good substitute for the noodles (I eat low carb meals) :wink:

Jimmy, do you suppose something like cabbage leaves might work? Bacon is also low carb, but... . Or, perhaps you could try going to the Asian section of your market and substitute some kind of tofu noodles. :D
Got beer???

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:08 pm
jstewart well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
jstewart wrote:
beercuer wrote:

Jimmy, do you suppose something like cabbage leaves might work? Bacon is also low carb, but... . Or, perhaps you could try going to the Asian section of your market and substitute some kind of tofu noodles. :D

You know, cabbage leaves sound interesting! I've tried slices of eggplant, and even though I like eggplant, it turned out to be really disgusting.....I have an aversion to tofu :evil: :evil: so I don't think that would work for me! Cooking lasagne (in the oven) is something that I (and both of my sons) do very well and we've massaged the recipes over the years. It is truly one thing that I do miss since going low-carb. Thanks for the suggestions!
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:11 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

I'm sure your wife would be willing to give you some lessons if you really think hers is that much better. But I agree with everyone else, your lasagna looks pretty darn good. I'd certainly take a plate. I'm intrigued with the concept of doing it in the cast-iron skillet. And you're stacking your bread on top of the skillet gave me another idea of a use for my half Moon raised grid. Nicely done all around.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:29 am
Griffin well done
well done

Looks wonderful from here, Dyal. I'd sacrifice myself to try some. I was just looking in the pantry the other day and noticed we have a ton of lasagna noodles for some reason. My wife makes a killer lasagna, but it takes all day and its probably been about a year since she's doen it. Might just have to steal this idea and tweak it a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:49 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

jstewart wrote:
beercuer wrote:

Just use layers of bacon or pancetta!! :twisted:

Thanks a lot, guys... :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:01 pm
scorched_porch medium-well
medium-well

Hmmm - This one has me thinking about cannelloni. Amazing what inspiration ones finds by trolling around here. I may have to experiment now. I think I could do it using a fish grate indirectly. Have to oil the thing up good, but it might just work. Thanks for the bootleg tip!
Wood Fired Argentine Parrilla
22.5 WSM
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:29 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very nice, Dyal! Did you roll the noodles side to side or end to end? I saw a cooking show where they were rolled end to end like pinwheels and thought they looked pretty neat.

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:54 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thx a lot, guys. Brad, they were rolled end to end like pinwheels. I like the technique, but will use a different filling next time.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion