Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Angus Nathan Dogs and Oreida Grilling Potatoes

Angus Nathan Dogs and Oreida Grilling Potatoes

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Dyal_SC well done
well done

My wife and I are both a little under the weather, so we did something simple tonight.

Found these...

...and these...

...in Wally World earlier.

I took a recommendation off the package and added Cheddar Cheese to the Potatoes while they were on the grill, and then added Sour Cream and Bacon before serving them.

The hot dog was topped with some Mustard, Onions and Sauerkraut. This is most definitely my new favorite hot dog. I will be buying more of these in the future...they had an outstanding beef flavor. The potatoes weren't half bad either!! Surprising, because I wasn't expecting much. They weren't "gourmet" by any means, but they definitely hit the spot. Almost like a quick loaded baked potato, with a great crispiness. ;)

beercuer, have you ever tried this particular hot dog? If so, what did you think?
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

BBcue-Z well done
well done

Great meal Dyal!
Nathan hot dogs are my favorite. I didn’t know that they had Angus beef now, will have to give them a try. Those potatoes look interesting too.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Wow! Them puppies look delicioux, Dyal! I also like the way you dressed up and transformed your taters. You sure took that meal up a notch. I regard Nathan's as a top quality dog, except for their natural casing variety. (I can't figure that one). They just don't taste so processed as some other varieties. However, their Angus line is a new line on me. By the looks of yours, they definitely look worth investigating! :D
Got beer???

sroach well done
well done

+1 on what BBcue-Z said.. Nathan can do a dog right!

Griffin well done
well done

Sorry you weren't feeling so hot, but the meal looks outstanding. I'll have to keep an eye out for both those taters and dogs. never seen either one in the store before.

OT....how'd your hunt go?

Trollby well done
well done

Looks great and have not seen either here before.

Will have to try Nathan since the even state Gluten Free, which is a must at my house

Thanks for Sharing

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Dyal, what sort of processing does Ore-Ida do to the potatoes? To be perfectly honest it looks like you could get almost the same results with a potato that you slice in your kitchen.

The hot dogs look good...I haven't grilled any for a long while now!

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks a lot, fellas'!

Grif, I didn't see any deer this weekend, but it's always fun to go out there and be one with nature, while observing the other wildlife. Very relaxing for me.

Brad, you wouldn't get the same sort of results from a sliced potato. I've grilled potato planks before, and these had a very different texture. They are processed in a way so that they end up with a crispy texture on the outside with a "french fry-like" texture on the inside. They were pretty decent.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

harry_canyon well done
well done

Looks tasty!

As to the potatoes... I wonder if you 'blanched' sliced potatoes in hot oil and then grilled them, would it give similar results?

Take care,

Derek
Always keep an open mind. But not so open that your brain falls out.

Griffin well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Grif, I didn't see any deer this weekend, but it's always fun to go out there and be one with nature, while observing the other wildlife. Very relaxing for me.

I know what you mean. Heading down to the ranch the last weekend of September for an all guys hunting weekend (we're going dove hunting, though, not deer). Can't wait.

smokin'gal well done
well done

Sorry you weren't feeling well. You managed to turn out quite a decent meal, nevertheless. 8)

jfm0830 well done
well done

Hmm you can't have been feeling too bad if you cooked up 7 hot dogs for the two of you, plus all those taters. :wink:

Personally I've never gotten what people see in Nathan's, but I plan to try these out when they show up in the stores. I'm always willing to be proven wrong. The Ore-Ida Grilling Potatoes have been in stores around here since the beginning of September. I'd been thinking of trying them, thanks for taking one for the team. Now I will definitely give then a shot.

I also find it sadly ironic that you go deer hunting and want to find deer & don't and I have 2-3 deer who regularly frolic in my yard, eat my plants and knock over my trash. They are pretty and all but I'd definitely like them to play elsewhere.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Dyal_SC well done
well done

We only had 1 hot dog a piece, smart alec. ;) And those are our tiny plates, so the potatoes look larger than they actually were....plus I lost one to the grilling gods. :lol:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Jim, it looks like you need a taste for venison, a freezer, and a rifle... :twisted:

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
We only had 1 hot dog a piece, smart alec. ;) And those are our tiny plates, so the potatoes look larger than they actually were....plus I lost one to the grilling gods. :lol:

"Grilling gods,"-- Dyal, do you mean your coon hounds? :D
Got beer???

Next

Return to General Discussion