Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Quesadillas and Pico de Gallo

Quesadillas and Pico de Gallo

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:44 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Here's one of my favorite "Round 2" dinners that I use with leftover chicken. I still have a ton of pulled chicken that I either need to use up or freeze by the end of the week.

The smoked chicken was from Monday when I smoked up all those leg quarters. The Quesadillas were topped with a mix of Cheddar and Pepperjack Cheeses, the Smoked Chicken, Corn, Black Beans and more Cheese! :)

Also whipped up a double batch of Steven Raichlen's Pico de Gallo...we can't get enough of this stuff. It's simple, but it packs some serious flavor.

http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_detai ... isodeID=40

Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:07 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

What a marvelous combination of ingredients, Dyal! Sure do like the looks of your grill marks on the tortillas. Hope you are saving some for tonight's Giants--Cowbos football game? :D
Got beer???

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:23 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
What a marvelous combination of ingredients, Dyal! Sure do like the looks of your grill marks on the tortillas. Hope you are saving some for tonight's Giants--Cowbos football game? :D

Thanks, BC! Only watched a little of the game. I'm more of a college football fan, but still like watching Pro Ball on occasion. I saved the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:02 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

That looks wonderful Dyal. Very, very nice. 8)

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:20 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
beercuer wrote:

Thanks, BC! Only watched a little of the game. I'm more of a college football fan, but still like watching Pro Ball on occasion. I saved the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. :)

I appreciate your sentiment, my Friend.-- You didn't miss much!
Got beer???

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:50 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

Those are some nice looking quesadillas Dyal! Quesadillas are wonderful way of getting rid of leftovers, without it seeming like you're having leftovers. To me quesadillas are a treat, whereas leftovers I traditionally didn't look forward to.

I've been trying to decide whether to use the platesetter and pizza stone when I try quesadillas on the Egg or the traditional way I did it on my gas grill over low direct heat. Looking at yours has me leaning back towards the direct heat method. The tortillas on those look so much tastier than what you'd ever get using the platesetter. Great job!

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:46 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I was going to use leftover pork for tacos tonight but now I'm thinking quesadillas! Although I think mine would be a bit simpler since my wife doesn't care for beans.

Great job, Dyal!

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 am
Griffin well done
well done

And the Quesadilla Queen returns!!! They look awesome, as always. Great job.

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:53 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks a lot, y'all! Quesadillas are really easy, and one of my wife's favorites....a win win for me. :wink:

jfm0830 wrote:
Those are some nice looking quesadillas Dyal! Quesadillas are wonderful way of getting rid of leftovers, without it seeming like you're having leftovers. To me quesadillas are a treat, whereas leftovers I traditionally didn't look forward to.

I've been trying to decide whether to use the platesetter and pizza stone when I try quesadillas on the Egg or the traditional way I did it on my gas grill over low direct heat. Looking at yours has me leaning back towards the direct heat method. The tortillas on those look so much tastier than what you'd ever get using the platesetter. Great job!

Jim

Thanks, Jim! I've tried the indirect method once or twice with the pizza stone. I personally prefer direct when grilling up quesadillas though. They crisp up nicely indirect, but they also end up more "flakey" than we prefer... so I always go direct now, at around 350 deg dome temp with the CI grate.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:03 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Really a nice meal Dyal!!
Would eat that for dinner any day.

Return to General Discussion