Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Sauce Chop, Beans, And Bacon Warped Corn

Sauce Chop, Beans, And Bacon Warped Corn

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:41 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

What do ya do when you ain't got no ribs?-- Improvise! I do maintain a small cache of pork rib end chops in my freezer, as they are my favorite kind of chop. Thing is, I also have been having a craving for ribs lately (thanks to you guys). Hence I thought I'd give this a saucy try. Had to dust it with ground chipotle first.

What do you say we also make this meal a little more interesting by bacon warping some corn? This is a high quality, thick, applewood smoked bacon from pigs that were allegedly raised with class. And it's not cured with any nitrates/nitrates for all the health conscious.

Ooops! Let's check on that chop before it gets sauced. (Or, is that before I get sauced?)

Time to plate it up. I include some pinto beans with jalapenos, and a quick slaw with cabbage, carrot, red onion, pepper, and celery seed with a mayo based sauce. This meal would have been ideal for me for my San Diego Chargers games. Guess I'll just have to do it again! :D

Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very cool trick with the corn, BC! Did you add anything to it or were the salt and bacon enough?

I like the look of the pork chop, too...I used to sauce them all the time but haven't in years, so maybe it's time to revisit the idea!

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Very cool trick with the corn, BC! Did you add anything to it or were the salt and bacon enough?

I like the look of the pork chop, too...I used to sauce them all the time but haven't in years, so maybe it's time to revisit the idea!

Thanks a lot, Brad :D

I found that the bacon brought enough fat and salt and flavor to the corn that I had no need or desire to dress it with anything else. -- Great substitute for butter, by the way. I swear, put that sauce on there like you say, close your eyes, and I bet you feel as though you're eating baby backs. :D
Got beer???

BBcue-Z well done
well done

Very nice meal BC!
Those chops are my favorite too. The beans sound very interesting as well.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

BBcue-Z wrote:
Very nice meal BC!
Those chops are my favorite too. The beans sound very interesting as well.

Thanks, Z :D

The jalapenos sure do bring out the flavor in the beans and give them a nice zing. :D
Got beer???

jstewart well done
well done

beercuer,

It all looks good :D :D I do like the bacon wrapped corn and I think I'm going to have to try it!

Thanks for sharing,
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Nice job, BC! Your plate looks scrumpalicious! :lol:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

jfm0830 well done
well done

Bacon! Bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon....

Sorry I'm over it now. That whole meal looked outstanding, but that corn really intrigued me. Nicely done all around!

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thank you, Guys. I am delighted you approve, especially the bacon warping around the corn. :D

Dyal-- I may be having a meal suitable for a Gamecocks game this weekend. See how it goes. Meanwhile, I wish you the best and fun on your hunting safari.
Got beer???

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

beercuer wrote:
What do ya do when you ain't got no ribs?-- Improvise!

I do the same thing. In fact, I usually keep an entire sliced pork loin in the freezer because I happen to like these chops so much. At about 20 chops to the package, that's about 95 cents a chop so it's economical too. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion