Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Gobble Krautburgers with Cheese

Gobble Krautburgers with Cheese

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:39 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Honoring the "One Hamburger Summer" spirit, I realized a chance to fire up a new alternative for lunch today. First, I should mention that I started with the Jennie-O prefab turkey patties. And I'm here to tell you they're actually quite good! Found 'em on a super sale, and they're great when pressed for time. It was just a winning proposition.

I should also introduce a couple new characters in this scene. The first is Bubbies brand sauerkraut. This kraut has the distinction of being raw, not pasteurized, meaning it contains live active cultures, must be kept refrigerated, and is extra wholesome and flavorful. So crispy, beats any other canned variety out there. If you haven't tried it, you'll be glad if you do. Here is a pic:

The other character is Bubbies pickles. They are a bit more expensive than some other varieties. Curiously, they have the distinction of tasting like they were pickled in pastrami seasoning! Now these may not have quite the snap or crunch of some other offerings, but they sure are high on flavor and go so well the kraut. The pic:

Out to the pit and on with the cook. Soften up some red onion strips while I'm at it.

Final touch with the Deluxe American cheese, onions, and toasted buns. Were it not for the cheese, these finished burgers would be extra low calorie and wholesome. Well, (9 out of 10 ain't bad).

time to start plating these bad boys. I added the tomatoes, pickles, and yellow mustard, all on 100% whole wheat buns. I could have gone with the Dusseldorf mustard, but I was feeling more American than German today. Besides, the cheese was American!

Lastly, time to pile on the sauerkraut, cap the bun, and stretch open the mouth. This burger had a decidedly wholesome and satisfying quality about it. And that's my added burger offering for the hamburger summer. This may possibly be my last post for a while, as I confess to starting to wonder why I make the time to post when forum participation is at an astounding low. :D

Got beer???

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:54 pm
sroach well done
well done

UMmmmmm... WOW! :shock:

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:03 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

:shock: OMG :shock: When are you going to have the operation on your jaw to allow you to actually eat that thing? That is incredible!!

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:12 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Yikes!!!! What a burger.......that sure looks gooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!!
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:29 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Excellent job, BC! I'll bet that even with the cheese the burger came in surprisingly low on the calorie meter...but mighty high on taste!

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:18 am
Griffin well done
well done

Now that is one mighty fine looking burger!!

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:44 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Yessir! I'd be all over that like a tick on a coon dog. Love me some saurkraut....I just finished some about 5 minutes ago actually.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:59 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Delicious looking burgers!!
Just had dinner, but I’d eat a couple of these any time :)

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:18 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Wow! I really thank you guys! :D I could have called it "Dr. Burger, PhD" (PhD= Piled high and deep. As towering as it was, it was fun to attack it at various angles. Luvved all the flavors going on there, especially even the pastrami-like flavoring of the pickles. Went so well with the sauerkraut. And Dyal, once again we think of the same thing at the same time!
Got beer???

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:45 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

That's quite the burger. So, no turkey bacon? :D

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:29 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

smokin'gal wrote:
That's quite the burger. So, no turkey bacon? :D

Nah, had to draw the line somewhere.