Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Labor Day Weekend Pix

Labor Day Weekend Pix

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:13 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Just some Brats on Saturday...these were Food Lion brand. They actually looked fairly fresh...they had a nice pinkish-red color and not the brownish color you get from some brands.

Topped them with some Lusty Monk and Saurkraut....

My wife whipped up some Homemade Chili Cheese Fries using the cold oil method, along with the Smoked Brisket Chili from last Thursday...We ate this while watching Baylor spank Southern Methodist. :wink:

Then on Sunday, I worked my butt off on my hunting properties.....had to spread out 15 bags of corn on 21 different deer stands...each bag was 75 lbs, so I was too pooped to make dinner. I hadn't eaten lunch either, so my wife and I went to the local wing joint for an early dinner. Later on that night, I found some jalapenos that I had to use up so they wouldn't go bad. So I made these up...they were stuffed with Pepperjack Cheese, leftover Bratwurst and wrapped in Bacon that was dusted with Salt Lick Original. They were decent, but I think I prefer a stronger cheese (like cream cheese) over the pepperjack...

Then yesterday we decided that Smoked Pulled Chicken Sandwiches sounded like a good Labor Day meal...so that's what we did, along with some Blue Cheese and Bacon Cole Slaw to go with... Whole Chickens were $1.69 per pound and Leg Quarters were only 79 Cents per pound, so we went with the latter. ;)

And some of my wife's very tasty Chocolate Cake for dessert! daYUM! 8)

Lots of leftovers from the weekend, so we had leftovers tonight....we have TONS of Pulled Chicken to use up, so we will probably make some Smoked Chicken Quesadillas with Steven's Pico de Gallo for dinner tomorrow night. Can't wait!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:14 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Very nice spread Dyal!!
I like everything on that menu :)

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:32 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Great weekend Dyal! Man I would have loved some of those ABT's.....

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:02 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

You certainly are the King of the Brats, Dyal! Supeb comfort foods! Brother, I wish I could have helped you eating all that. :D
Got beer???

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:16 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

You definitely put the labor into Labor Day, and the results show it!

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:25 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Great looking food, Interesting mustard, how was it?

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:30 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks a lot, fellas'!

Griffin wrote:
Great looking food, Interesting mustard, how was it?

I've had the mustard for while now....this is my second jar of it actually. It packs some HEAT! Goes great on pretzels, too... some place out of NC sells it locally.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:32 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Excellent looking meals! I especially enjoy the looks of that chicken.

Return to General Discussion