Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Couple of weeknight rib dinners

Couple of weeknight rib dinners

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:39 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Last week I'd picked up 2 racks of loin back ribs at the store so I fixed them for dinner Wednesday and Thursday. It was sheer coincidence that my wife was working and I had to eat them all myself. :twisted:

They were decently meaty and had already been peeled.

When I was in Greensburg, Indiana at the end of August Jhumpert and I checked out the butcher shop across the street from Pork-N-More, and I bought a jar of rub and a bottle of steak sauce.

I believe it took about 90 minutes for the ribs to go from raw to done. I used briquettes with a little oak and apple for smoke.
Image Image

The ribs came out pretty good but I found the rub to be just a little to sweet for my liking, so I gave it to my boss since he coats his ribs in brown sugar. :lol: A not-so-sweet sauce did help, though.

The next night I reached into Steven's rib book for the Memphis Dry Rub Ribs recipe. The ribs aren't rubbed or seasoned prior to grilling but are instead occasionally basted with a mop sauce made from the rub.
Image Image

After cutting the individual ribs are given a final splash of mop sauce before being coated with the rub. This was a pretty messy operation and I made sure to clean up the kitchen before my wife got home. :wink:
Image Image

They turned out really good and had a lot of flavor, although when I reheated some for lunch the next day the flavor was muted a little bit because the mop sauce had "gone away". Even though I don't sauce and only occasionally mop my ribs, this approach was a nice change of pace from dry ribs where the rub is applied prior to cooking.

Brad

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:18 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Great looking ribs Brad!
But that’s way too many ribs for one person :wink:

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:34 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Those ribs are pretty! Great smoke ring!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:57 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Really Brad, you're eating quite well. :D
Got beer???

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:55 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

beercuer wrote: