Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Hickory Turkey Meatloaf Redemption

Hickory Turkey Meatloaf Redemption

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:37 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Hope all of you are having a wonderful holiday weekend. Some of you may recall my last meatloaf fiasco with the "Smurf" gravy.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23622

No tricks this time. Once again, I went with the cast iron loaf pan because it was a gift, and it works exceptionally well.

One hour and ten minutes later, this loaf is done. Thanks to TJ's hardwood charcoal, just one chimney full, and one pouch of hickory chips. You can see how the smoke colored the top of my loaf.

Here you will see that I did not get much in the way of a smoke ring, but I sure did get the flavor! I plated this one up with my must have mashed potatoes and a borrowed portion of the mixed veggies I use to give to my birdie.

Okay, I promised no tricks. Gravy just sends this over the top for me. I once heard the expression, "Gravy-- the official beverage of the South." Well, that's not too far from the truth in this neighborhood in the south of California! :D

Oh man, oh man, I just can't get enough of this stuff!

Got beer???

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:54 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Beercuer, you need to move north so you can fix that meal on a winter Sunday evening. That's a serious plate of comfort food!

BTW, for those of you who might not know the corn and lima beans mean the vegetable medley can be called succotash. But I don't think there'd be any suffering with the meatloaf and potatoes!

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:40 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Beercuer, you need to move north so you can fix that meal on a winter Sunday evening. That's a serious plate of comfort food!

BTW, for those of you who might not know the corn and lima beans mean the vegetable medley can be called succotash. But I don't think there'd be any suffering with the meatloaf and potatoes!

"Sufferin succotash!"-- Migrate north, Brad? No way, I'll just turn on the air conditioner. :lol: But succotash suits the Native American in me just fine. And that "serious plate" of which you speak is as I declared I just can't get enough. I wasn't kidding. :lol:
Got beer???

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:36 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Nicely done, BC! Can't wait to get me a deer in the freezer so I can whip up a venison meatloaf. Your gravy looks awesome!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:51 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Great looking meatloaf beercuer!!
No I have to smoke me one this weekend.
Delicious looking meal :)

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:06 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thank you so much, guys! :D Sure would luv to see your posts!
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion