Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Labor Day Weekend-What's Cooking?

Labor Day Weekend-What's Cooking?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:48 pm
jstewart well done
well done

With the weekend coming up, I'm what is everyone planning? I haven't made up my mind yet. I know we're going to have dinner with friends on Saturday (he always does a good job, so that will be enjoyable), but I haven't made up my mind for Sunday and Monday. Actually, I'm looking for ideas :) :)
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:01 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

I'm making a brisket, some MOINK balls, some ABT's and some Pecan Pie

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:17 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's a good question, Jimmy...Labor Day snuck up on me this year!

Let's see...off the top of my head I know I have some steaks, a chicken, and a couple of pork tenderloins in the freezer. Dunno how creative I'll get but at least I won't starve! :lol:

I noticed today that nothing's been added to the "One Hamburger Summer" sticky all summer, so hopefully we'll get some last-minute additions from the holiday!

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:17 pm
sroach well done
well done

I'm with Eddie, think I throw on a brisket.

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:49 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

No plans for the weekend yet... but tomorrow night is the first Gamecock game of the season! South Carolina v. Vanderbilt. Gonna throw some Smoked Brisket Chili on the BGE and have some Cornbread to go with... Mmm mmm mmm!!! My favorite time of the year....College Football and Deer Hunting! Don't get no better! :D
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:02 am
Griffin well done
well done

Haven't even thought about it yet. Was told that my parents are throwing a 50th B-day surprise party for my uncle saturday, so I'll be manning my old gas grill over there probably. Craving a brisket lately, don't know if I have the time, though.

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:03 am
barnyardman medium
medium

Doing 4 pork butts. Got them last night at Sam's Club.
Barnyardman

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:24 pm
BBQ Deputy

Today I picked up a just-under-4 pound bone-in butt so that'll be Monday's dinner. Mrs. SC works tomorrow so I'm just going to grill some hot Italian sausages for myself, and today we're tailgating with burgers in Milwaukee.

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:53 pm
jstewart well done
well done

I finally picked up some babybacks and beef ribs today and will also fix a couple of BCCs this weekend. Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend!
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:42 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
No plans for the weekend yet... but tomorrow night is the first Gamecock game of the season! South Carolina v. Vanderbilt. Gonna throw some Smoked Brisket Chili on the BGE and have some Cornbread to go with... Mmm mmm mmm!!! My favorite time of the year....College Football and Deer Hunting! Don't get no better! :D

Dyal, please excuse my asking. Somebody has to ask you this.-- Have you ever done game hens on a Gamecock day? I actually think that would be a great cook. As it is, fantastic job on your chili and cornbread! WOW! Sports food to the max! :D
Got beer???

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:26 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

My handle here is a combination of my initials and my birthday. I'll leave it to you guys to figure out which is which. Unfortunately where the interior of our house is under construction and my birthday was this week, people want to cook for me this Labor Day weekend. Me I would like nothing better than to grill out on the new Egg all weekend, but sadly it's just not in the cards. I'm going to try and sneek something in on Monday if I can. I may have to live vicariously through all you folks, so I hope you'll take and post pictures of what you've done.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:33 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
Dyal_SC wrote:

Dyal, please excuse my asking. Somebody has to ask you this.-- Have you ever done game hens on a Gamecock day? I actually think that would be a great cook. As it is, fantastic job on your chili and cornbread! WOW! Sports food to the max! :D

I'm always hesitant to grill anything "chicken" related on a Gamecock gameday... :lol: But every once in awhile, I'm brave and grill up some wings. :wink: Thanks for the nice comments!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:37 am
BBQ Deputy

Got the butt on at 5:15 this morning...here it is a holiday and I'm up earlier than I'd normally be on a Monday! :lol:

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:02 am
toyman medium
medium

I made a double batch of "apple pie baked beans" for yesterdays get together and I have 2 large salmon filets marinading in rum and spices that I'll be smoking shortly with some pecan wood for today's fiesta. Happy Labor Day everyone!
Large Big Green Egg
JennAir NG 3 burner
Wood Fired Oven
Ultra Sear Grill
Weber Silver B

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:24 pm
barnyardman medium
medium

Butts for Sunday afternoon

Injected Friday afternoon & rubbed Saturday at 1 pm

On the CG at 6pm Saturday

Temp at 225 with the IQ110