Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Moo steak, oink steak

Moo steak, oink steak

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:18 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

About 4 weeks ago I grilled up some ribeyes and pork steaks. The ribeyes were supposed to be for my wife's birthday but life got in the way and we wound up eating them for lunch on the Sunday after.

I didn't buy them special, just took them out of the freezer.

I know I seasoned them with salt and pepper and might've added a little olive oil prior to grilling. I can't be expected to remember things from that far back. :wink:

But I do remember that they came out nice and tasty!

I also grilled one of our favorites: broccoli and mushrooms.

And a little garlic bread as well.

There are 4 pieces of bread but I actually started out with 6. I prepped them ahead of time but when I was ready to cook them I couldn't find the plate. OK, no problem, I must've taken it either out to the garage or down to the basement. Nope, not in either of those places. Ahhhh, I know...the kid must've helped herself to them, since by this time I'd found the plate in the kitchen sink. "Erin! Did you eat the garlic bread?" "What garlic bread?" "The garlic bread that was sitting on the plate on the counter!" "No. But I put the plate in the sink because the dog was licking it." And the light bulb went on... :idea: I hadn't pushed the plate far enough back from the edge of the counter and she decided to help herself to her own lunch, but instead of knocking the plate to the floor she actually managed to take all 6 pieces of bread off of it while it was on the counter. After that she basically spent the rest of the day laying on the floor without moving much. The dog, not my daughter...although she's about that motivated sometimes. :lol:

My wife had to work that night so I grilled a couple of pork steaks for myself. The recipe is from my Good Housekeeping book and is supposed to be for tenderloin but the ingredients were simple and sounded good, so I exercised a little artistic license. The primary ingredient was fresh oregano.
Image Image

I like leaner cuts of pork to have some pink but pork steaks are usually fatty enough to survive being thoroughly cooked. Ugh...looks like I had some focusing issues or a little camera shake with that last shot!
Image Image

They had some nice flavor and I'm thinking about trying this recipe with an actual pork tenderloin sometime.

Brad

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:23 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Brad:
Both types of steak looked excellent. I love pork steaks in the way you did that one looks really interesting. I also LAMO at the story about the bread. I was beginning to worry about you having premature senior moments when you said you couldn't remember something from a couple weeks ago and then you lost the bread. Dog-gone-it is all I can say :wink:

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:29 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Looks like you had two awesome meals. Nice job. My cat also has a thing for carbs and will eviscerate a loaf of bread if left alone--plastic and all.

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:25 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Very nicely done, King Pork Steak! :) The beef and the pork look awesome. Do you grow your own Oregano? Every time I've tried growing my own, I kill it! :x I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Only herb I can keep alive is Basil.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:40 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Brad, sure do like the coloring on your moo and oink! And I really like the touch of oregano. I have some rib end chops in my freezer right now, and am most eager to get goin' on them. :D
Got beer???

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:19 am
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Steaks look good Brad!
It sounds like you had a good time and good entertainment by the cat :lol:
Oregano makes everything taste better.

Return to General Discussion