Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Petition for Every Episode of BBQ U From All Seasons

Petition for Every Episode of BBQ U From All Seasons

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:04 pm
Vinsect well done
well done

YB, great to hear from you on here.
I lived in an apartment for a few years. I could use a gas grill, but without my smoker, I just didn't keep up the passion. I'm itchin to smoke somethin again though.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:31 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Just an update: I was looking through Steven's online store today and I ran across this:
http://www.grilling4all.com/sm8891.html

So.... even though we don't have a comprehensive BBQ U boxset yet, Primal Grill seasons 1 and 2 in their entirety are now in a boxset, and that's pretty darn fine. 8)

Thanks, Steven!
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:42 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Finally! That's the way it should be done. :D Time to start my Christmas list. :wink:

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:07 am
Nancy Lou BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Steven appreciates your interest in Seasons 1 - 4 of BBQ University, but unfortunately, he does not own the rights. So unless the producer decides to make all episodes available, "The Best of BBQ University" is going to be as good as it gets...

Nancy
Steven's Assistant

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:24 am
primetime34 medium-rare
medium-rare

Nancy Lou wrote:
Steven appreciates your interest in Seasons 1 - 4 of BBQ University, but unfortunately, he does not own the rights. So unless the producer decides to make all episodes available, "The Best of BBQ University" is going to be as good as it gets...

Nancy
Steven's Assistant

Do you have any contact info for the producer so we can make that request? Thanks.

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:05 am
Nancy Lou BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Primetime, here is information about the producer: http://www.bbqu.net/aboutfrappe.html

I do not have any direct contact information for frappe, inc., or its founder, Charles Pinsky, who produced the show.

Best,

Nancy Loseke
Personal Assistant to Steven Raichlen

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:43 am
primetime34 medium-rare
medium-rare

Here is some contact information we can use to request the remainder of the shows on DVD. It is really important that we show them how important this is to us and that we would be willing to buy the DVDs. Here is his contact information. His name is Eric Rhee and his email er@frappeinc.com

Davedray medium-rare
medium-rare

I would totally buy a copy of each full season.
- Weber 22.5" Platinum One Touch
- Weber Genesis E-310
- A big box propane smoker (I forget the name)

Re:

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:07 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nancy Lou wrote:

Nancy
Steven's Assistant

You know? As cool as BBQ U is, I think that eventually Primal Grill will outdo it. So if the producer never comes through with a BBQ U Season 1-4 boxset, I think that eventually we'll see almost everything BBQ U had in the upcoming Primal Grill boxsets anyway.

All I'd ask is that you please keep any upcoming PG boxsets as complete seasons. "Best Of" DVDs may contain the highlights and best parts of the best episodes, but sometimes it's the lesser known bits that can be the most interesting to some viewers like me.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

stickman medium
medium

I agree completely with the idea of box sets over best of. I've also enjoyed PG, but have to say I really liked BBQ U a ton and am still (can you guys believe this thread has been going for 7+ years!?) willing to buy the box set when it comes out.

Previous

Return to General Discussion