Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Smoked Texas-Style Brisket Chili (pix)

Smoked Texas-Style Brisket Chili (pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:22 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Tonight marks the first Gamecock game of the year. Had to put something on the Smoker in honor of the big day! Decided to whip up a Texas-style chili (yes, BEANLESS)! This is actually the first time I've ever made chili with no beans. I think I may have converted....although I think it's mostly due to smoking it up with leftover Brisket. Gracious...I think I'll be smoking up another Brisket in the near future just for the purpose of making Chili. It was unbelievable.

Here is the Brisket that I smoked up a little while back....

viewtopic.php?t=23302

I conveniently had exactly 3 lbs of brisket leftover in the freezer, which was the exact amount that the "base" recipe called for. I ended up tweeking a few things, but I did follow it fairly closely.

http://westernhorseman.com/index.php?op ... Itemid=226

Ended up adding a few big chunks of hickory to the BGE for additional smoke flavor...

My wife made some awesome Pepperjack Cornbread to go with...

This was the best chili I've ever had. The Brisket is what put it over the top IMHO. It was so rich, soft, tender, juicy, beefy and smoky with just the right amount of spice. Almost like eating beef butter. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

EddieK1376 well done
well done

That looks fantastic and gives me something to hope that I have leftovers after this Labor Day party!

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:43 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, Eddie... I hope you have some leftover for chili too... I'd smoke a brisket up again just for this purpose.

What a game, BTW.... :shock: It was ugly, but it's still a win.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

EddieK1376 well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Thanks, Eddie... I hope you have some leftover for chili too... I'd smoke a brisket up again just for this purpose.

What a game, BTW.... :shock: It was ugly, but it's still a win.

A win is a win :) Hopefully Shaw can stay healthy for more than that next game...They aren't quite the same team without him.

sroach well done
well done

Some fine look Chili.. did you make the Corn Bread Muffins?

Glad to hear they pulled out a win for ya!

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's some fine football-watching food! I hope you ate it from a TV tray while watching the game! :wink:

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:55 am
Griffin well done
well done

My oh my...that is some tasty looking chili. Glad you left off the beans. So how did your team do?

Dyal_SC well done
well done

Sorry for the late reply, fellas'....it's been a busy coupla days. Some of it was "work busy" and the other part of it was "other hobby" busy....(hunting)... :)

sroach, my lovely wife baked up the cornbread muffins....she used some Jiffy mix, some real corn and pepperjack cheese. She always makes better cornbread than me, so I let her take charge. I can't bake worth a hoot in the oven BTW... I've tried and tried...I've had a few good results, but it always kicks my butt for whatever reason. I can bake some good stuff on the BGE though. :lol: I don't know what the deal is.

Brad, you knowz it my friend! ;)

Griffin, we won the game....but it was worse than "ugly"....so ugly it was "oogly"... :lol: Hope we can get our heads in the game by next week.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion