Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Saucy Thighs And a New Pit Boss

Saucy Thighs And a New Pit Boss

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:36 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Once again I got a hankerin' for some saucy thighs, so back to basics. There are a zillion ways to enjoy thighs, and they sure are a lot cheaper than wings. Speaking of wings,... well, you'll see.

And here they are, bathed in KC Masterpiece "Hot & Spicy" variety cue sauce. Mmmm...mmmm hits the spot.

I had to break in my new pit boss, a pied mutation of the normal gray cockatiel. He's a riot, and only two months old. Regrettably, I recently lost my previous pit boss :oops: who got spooked on my brother and she split for the great horizon. See, tiels have no homing instincts.

Got beer???

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:06 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Your thighs look awesome! :wink: The chicken thighs that is... :lol: Your new pit boss is pretty! Sorry to hear about your last one. :(
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:06 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Those were some tasty looking thighs you were cooking there beercuer. Don't know how I missed a post with that kind of title earlier.

Congrats on your new pit boss. Although I wonder how he feels about a distant relative of his being grilled to perfection?

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:13 am
sroach well done
well done

Cool looking new Pit boss! and nice looking thighs.. Love me some KC Masterpiece..

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:42 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks guys! :D

Dyal-- And thank you for your consolation. It was a real heartbreaker alright to lose her after over 5 years.

Jim-- If I understand this correctly, when people and birds bond, people do not become part of the bird's flock so much as the bird becomes "people" flock. Therefore, the bird is a "people." As a people, he has no issue with chicken, except that he gets his fair share! :D
Got beer???

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:00 pm
Seattle-Q well done
well done

I had a Sun Conure for years. Birds kick butt. I miss that bird a lot :cry:

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:18 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Seattle-Q wrote:
I had a Sun Conure for years. Birds kick butt. I miss that bird a lot :cry:

Seattle-Q, I can imagine that you do miss your Sun Conure terribly. They are among the finest and most beautiful of creatures with tons of personality. I find that a bond with a bird can be even greater and more intense than with dogs or cats or other alternative pets.
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion