Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Thai Night (pix)

Thai Night (pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:29 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Started with some Bell Peppers, Thin Cut Baby Carrots, Mushrooms and a little Water...

Added some Chili Garlic Sauce, Freshly Crushed Garlic and Freshly Minced Ginger...

Then added the Beef that was marinaded in EVOO, Dark Soy Sauce, Lemon Juice, Chili Garlic Sauce, Oyster Sauce and Cracked Pepper...

After that cooked for a bit, I then added some Green Onions and Fresh Basil...

I took beercuer's advice from the last time I made this and added Pad Thai Noodles in lieu of the softened Rice Sticks...

Sprinkled on some Chopped Peanuts at the end...

Thanks a bunch, beercuer! The Pad Thai Noodles were tons better than the softened Rice Sticks! :) My wife would prefer less spice next time, but it was right up my alley. I love me some heat! :D She said the flavor was awesome, but too much heat for her taste. What a weakling! :twisted: Just kiddin', Sweetie. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:31 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Looks gorgeous! Looks like you really coat your wok with a lot of oil in that first pic is that true?

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:30 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Looks really incredible Dyal :shock: . i like me some hot too!

You guys and your woks are inspiring me into action. We were cleaning out our house and we just found a Wok my wife used to cook on all the time. I need to do a little reading up on Wok cooking, but it is now on my short list.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:01 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, fellas'! Jim, I can't wait to see what you wok up! :)

EddieK1376 wrote:
Looks gorgeous! Looks like you really coat your wok with a lot of oil in that first pic is that true?

Actually, not really. I always clean it with hot water and a scrubbing sponge. I spray it with Pam before storing it. Then the next time I use it, I always preheat it for about 10-15 minutes. After it's been hot for awhile, I like to wipe it down a couple times with paper towels to get any excess grime that the hot water didn't get. The Pam tends to pool up at the bottom, so it's really easy to wipe up the excess oil/grime that was left from storing it. Then before placing my food in the Wok, I like to give it another spray of Canola Oil. If I'm going for a high temp, I use either Peanut Oil or Sesame Oil....both of which have higher burn temps. I only use Sesame Oil if I'm looking for a nutty flavor.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:17 am
sroach well done
well done

Looks awesome Dyal,

Is the wok sitting right on the lump coal?

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:20 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

sroach wrote:
Looks awesome Dyal,

Is the wok sitting right on the lump coal?

Thanks, sroach! Nope, it's sitting on the Spider....which is a ring-shaped accessory for the Wok and other stuff.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:40 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Most inviting, Dyal! I look at your stir fry and really wish I had a plate of that right now... and I have just eaten. I am delighted you approved of the pad noodles. I remember when I first got acquainted with Thai cuisine, I was at first hesitant about the popular use of peanuts and peanut butter. I was amazed upon tasting it how that really completes the dish and makes it.

Curious, I am familiar with regular soy sauce and tamari and low sodium, so I wonder what makes a dark soy? :D
Got beer???

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:38 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

beercuer wrote:
Most inviting, Dyal! I look at your stir fry and really wish I had a plate of that right now... and I have just eaten. I am delighted you approved of the pad noodles. I remember when I first got acquainted with Thai cuisine, I was at first hesitant about the popular use of peanuts and peanut butter. I was amazed upon tasting it how that really completes the dish and makes it.

Curious, I am familiar with regular soy sauce and tamari and low sodium, so I wonder what makes a dark soy? :D

I'm thinking it has something to do with the way it soaks into the food. It seems to coat the meat better and it has a thicker consistency....and it also makes whatever you're using it on darker. I wouldn't use it to dip your sushi in, or pour over rice. I discovered it when I made Kung Pao Chicken for the first time...the recipe called for it, and I was happy to find it easily in the grocery store.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:27 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Thanks, Dyal!-- That sounds most interesting. I am going to look for it. Your description reminds me of how Lea & Perrins came out with their new extra thick Worcestershire sauce. (Stuff is great on burgers, btw). Coincidentally, I made a stir fry tonight, but on a bed of the dry chow mein noodles. :D
Got beer???

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:43 am
Griffin well done
well done

Great looking cook Dyal. Actually there are a bunch of great looking cooks posted since I've been gone. Might have to wok tonight just for a change of pace. Sad to say, but last night we needed a burger after that 10.5 hour flight and I wasn't going to the store or firing up the Egg so Whataburger it was. Time for some healthy wok food now.

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:08 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Great looking cook Dyal. Actually there are a bunch of great looking cooks posted since I've been gone. Might have to wok tonight just for a change of pace. Sad to say, but last night we needed a burger after that 10.5 hour flight and I wasn't going to the store or firing up the Egg so Whataburger it was. Time for some healthy wok food now.

Don't worry, you aren't alone. I haven't fired up my grill since Sunday. Been too busy and just haven't felt up to it. Gonna fix that tonight though. :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion