Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion BBQ Pizza and Chicken Legs (pix)

BBQ Pizza and Chicken Legs (pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:42 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

....before I begin, I am going to request silence from Brad, Griffin, SCmustardman, SCBBQLVR, and the rest of you who have picked on me about my legs being skinny... :lol: I know what you were thinking as soon as you read the title. :roll: :lol:

Last night we decided that BBQ Pizza was long overdue. We just used some Pillsbury thin crust pizza dough...nothing fancy. They were topped with BBQ Sauce, Cheddar Cheese, Pulled Pork that I had previously smoked, Caramelized Onions and Bacon.

One had tomato-based BBQ Sauce...

And for the other pizza, we used some Shealy's Mustard-Based BBQ Sauce....Lord have mercy, it was goooood! :wink:

Tonight's a bachelor night for me, as my wife is keeping her Grandmother company since my M.I.L. is out of town. So that meant something spicy was definitely in store! :twisted: Decided on 2 different styles of Chicken Legs.....Spicy Teriyaki and Walkerswood Jerk! 8)

Used my Leg Rack tonight, and threw in some Cherry wood for smoke.....Smoke roasted them at around 375 deg f dome temp. I didn't glaze the Teriyaki legs until towards the end...

Had a simple Caesar Salad to go with and I ate in the kitchen with no plate, like a true bachelor. :wink:

That Walkerswood Jerk Marinade will leave you sweatin'!! It sure is good though.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:52 pm
SCBBQLVR rare
rare

Those bones look just like your legs!!!
Char-Griller Duo w/ SFB

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:50 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Wow, this looks to be like chicken weekend, Dyal. Between you, Jim, and I for example, we almost got a whole bird. Again, I so like the char on chicken, and your pizza looks immensely flavorful... bursting with flavor is what comes to mind. Excellent work, my Friend! Cool leg rack, BTW. 8) :D
Got beer???

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:00 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Aren't those chicken leg racks great? If you set it in a pan you can add potatoes, squash, etc. and they'll pick up great flavor from the drippings.

I couldn't agree more about eating straight from the cutting board. Fewer dishes to do! :wink:

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:20 pm
Davedray medium-rare
medium-rare

Everything looks great. I really need to try grilling pizza! Good job!
- Weber 22.5" Platinum One Touch
- Weber Genesis E-310
- A big box propane smoker (I forget the name)

Return to General Discussion