Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Szechwan Beef Stir Fry

Szechwan Beef Stir Fry

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:27 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Things don't always go according to plan. Like this meal. It was supposed to be made on the Egg, but hoizontal driving rain, high winds and lightning got in the way. No way was I standing out in that. So instead, Mrs. G cooked it up inside. Not quite as fun as doing it over lump, but you can always close your eyes and pretend.

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:32 pm
sroach well done
well done

Still a hoof looking meal!

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:43 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Sorry to hear about the rain and lightning. The meal looks fabulous, however.

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:35 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

Been there done that. My new EZ-Up didn't last a summer with the severe storms we have had. I had to pull it down last Thursday at 2:30 AM in a bad storm before it collapsed from the weight of the water that collected on the roof. I made Mac & Cheese & biscuits on the Egg yesterday, but had to move dessert indoors to my oven when the heavy rains moved in again.

That stir fry looks really, really good. My compliments to Mrs. G! Perhaps I shall need to add a wok to my list of goodies I need.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:06 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Good idea for not grilling in the lightening. I've done that once or twice, and it's a little unnerving. :lol: Even if it was cooked inside, it still looks delicious Mr. and Mrs. Grif! :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:04 am
Griffin well done
well done

Thanks guys. I'm not complaining about the rain. We really needed it and we got tons more Saturday afternoon and night and with it some cooler weather. It was actually in the low 70's this morning when I drove into work. I can see fall peaking his head around the corner. :D

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:05 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I don't mind rain and a little wind can usually be defeated with some screening, but lightning's always a deal-breaker. Looks like you transitioned to the kitchen just fine!

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:49 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Mouthwatering Stir Fry Griffin!!
It made me want to fire up my wok for dinner tonight :)

Return to General Discussion