Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Broil King Sovereign 90 vs Weber Spirit 320

Broil King Sovereign 90 vs Weber Spirit 320

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

im on the lookout for a good quality gas bbq grill

living in Ireland, unfortunetly my product range is quite limited. With that, ive pretty much whittled it down to these 2 grills

Broil King

Weber

The prices are very similar over here, the broil king would be slightly more expensive.

seeing as this is my first "proper" bbq, id like some advice if possible. And perhaps even some other suggestions.

any help would be great folks.

rogerja well done
well done

If you were in America, I'd say find an old Genesis on Craiglist...

That Weber Spirit is really the old Weber Genesis C, but now made in China of cheaper materials. The old Weber Genesis' were really quality grills, despite their lack of bells and whistles. I don't know how much of that carried over in to the Spirit line, but I've heard good things. Parts are very easy to come by (maybe not-so-much in Ireland) and Weber consistently stands behind their products.

I don't know about the Broil King. How are they with replacements parts availablity and warranty?
Last edited by rogerja on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostarrow well done
well done

Broil king makes excellent geills out of SS & cast aluminum.
They cook well. Here a 90 would be significantly higher than the spirit.
If price is close go with broil king 90
New Braunfels
vermont castings gas grill
WSM
Char-Griller Kamodo

the made in china thing really does grate with me.

i live by the motto of "you buy cheap, you buy twice"

both broil king and weber are readily available over here, so spare parts shouldnt be a problem, Napolean grills are here as well, but i think they're chinese made now as well, and again, that doesnt wash with me.

any other suggestions lads? thanks for the info so far.

rogerja well done
well done

What's the price difference between the Broil King and a Weber E330?

rogerja wrote:
What's the price difference between the Broil King and a Weber E330?

i actually just checked two shops here in Dublin.

the weber is around 900 euro, so the same as the broil king. It looks kind of flimsy if im honest, the broil king look far more solid imo

what about the napolean grills?

i saw one with a charcoal add on tray so you can use your gas grill as a charcoal one as well.

that looked pretty cool

rogerja well done
well done

The Napolean grills i've seen here are more comparable to the Weber Summit Series, so if you can get one of those for around the price of the Broil King or Genesis, i'd jump on that.

Return to General Discussion