Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Please Excuse Our Dust!

Please Excuse Our Dust!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:26 pm
team Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you for all the input! The board may see a few style changes, but we are working to get it back to something that you recognize. In the meantime, the board may look a little "blue," but don't worry! Things will be back to their regularly scheduled colors, at least, shortly! We thank you for your continued patience.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:10 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Actually, I personally find the blue to be more pleasing to the eye than the previous mustard and red and black. In retrospect, the word "gaudy" comes to mind. Just one reporter's opinion. Anyway, at least thanks for growing the pictures back... that was my greatest consternation. :D
Got beer???

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:38 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

The blue and white background is amazing....It helps me immensely since I'm color blind :)

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:28 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'll toss my 2 cents in as well.

The blue is kinda soothing, especially on the Nook.

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:58 pm
HoosierTrooper medium-well
medium-well

Very good job, I like this a lot.
If there's no such thing as a stupid question, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask?

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:02 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

There is something about the blue I don't like...too pale maybe, alot of the buttons blend into the background. But I could live with it. Particularly if it makes it easier for others to read

What I really like is I am able to actually use the site on my iPhone again. I am sitting out at the grill and can view and use the site on my iPhone again.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:15 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

I'm really, really liking the new format. It's very user friendly, modern-looking, and the pictures seem to pop from the background. I was fine with the previous colors, but I'm really liking the way the pictures look with the lighter colored background. Even if the blue changes, I like the white behind the pics. I'm no graphics designer though... :lol: And I'm easy to please, so whatever y'all choose will be an A+ from me. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:32 am
jstewart well done
well done

This is quite an improvement over what we saw a few days ago. I'm still going through and checking on my Mac and it looks pretty nice. I still want to look with my iPhone and iPad and spend a little more time, but I'm liking what I see.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 am
QJuju well done
well done

I have been away for a few days... seems like there is dust in more places than our "in progress" office remodel. They painted my server room yesterday!! :shock: :evil: I can tell you that I understand the pains you are going through and I truly like the direction. Cant wait to see where the improvements go! Nice job!

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:58 am
Married_Man medium-well
medium-well

Though it is implied this is a temporary transitional format, I like the color scheme better than either previous iteration. I still prefer the thread layout in the old. There's just too much scrolling required to get past all the stickies to the good stuff.

If you could find a way to "collapse" all the stickies, that would be perfect :twisted: And I still prefer a separate column for "Thread Starter".

Thanks for all your effort to please the smoking masses ;)
CG Akorn - Kamado Kooker
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:04 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

I like the new look and especially the colors. They’re much easier on the eyes :)
I remember board members asking for color scheme change in the past and I’m glad for the change.
I do have a couple of concerns though:
-First some of my old posts are chopped up and the pictures are gone
Here is an example
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23339
Only the first sentence of my post is there, and that’s one of many.
-Second the “Search” feature does not work like used to. I search for my old posts, but none of them show up; however, when I google them, they come up immediately. It would be a shame to use google to retrieve old posts and the site that houses them can’t find them…
Can someone please look into these problems?
Thanks in advance

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:18 pm
jstewart well done
well done

As a follow up, I tried today on my iPhone and iPad and everything seemed fine. BBcue-Z had problems with the search for own posts so I gave it a shot and it seemed to work okay for me. I didn't go through all of them, but the search results provided the same number of posts as I was expecting. I did find his post where it was truncated though.....
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:48 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It looks like the search function might be case-sensitive: "BBcue-Z" returned 2922 posts while "bbcue-z" returned none.

For the specifically mentioned truncated post, I wonder if there's a correlation between the control/punctuation characters around "Spiedo Bresciano" and the missing text. Z, does this seem to be a factor in any of the other truncated posts you found?

Brad

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:16 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Thanks Brad,
I searched mainly by the thread title and not by my user name. The search function may be ok, but may be it wasn’t working for me due to the fact that a lot of my posts are missing in part.

And yes, many more are missing pix or text not just that one particular thread. Look at “one Hamburger Summer”, and “Char-Griller Family”, and even my grilled fish “Pescado Zaradeado” that I posted last week (on page 2 of this forum) are all missing text and pix.
Can you please help?
Thanks in advance

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:37 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Z, from what I can tell it looks like some control characters that were acceptable to the previous version of the forum software might not be handled the same way.

"...as “Tossed or Flipped Fishâ€" is excerpted from your Pescado thread and like the other posts it appears that everything after the last 2 characters gets dropped. It looks like you were doing some sort of highlighting or other means to get the phrase to stand out; do you remember what you usually use?

Brad

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion