Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Simple Stuffed Pork Chops...(pix)

Simple Stuffed Pork Chops...(pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

These were stuffed with sauteed spinach, sun-dried tomatos and feta cheese. They were dusted down with Sucklebusters Hoochie Momma.

They were served up with a baked sweet potato. Simple, cheap, quick, healthy and very good! :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:16 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Nice cook Dyal. Those chops look tasty.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:57 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Did you brine the chops first, Dyal? Looks like they came out nice and juicy.

That's the nice thing about using a stuffing that doesn't need to reach a certain temp - all that matters is getting the chops done.

Spinach seems to be a popular stuffing for pork. I believe I've seen TV shows where Jacques Pepin and Lidia Bastianich have used it.

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:19 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Mouthwatering! Very clever stuffing, too-- feta cheese does not all melt out like many other cheeses. :D
Got beer???

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:45 am
QJuju well done
well done

Everybody like pork chop! :) Looks tasty Dyal!

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:08 am
SCmustardman well done
well done

Great minds think alike! I had stuffed chops last night too. Mine were stuffed with feta, basil, and some local tomatoes. Then I dusted them with some Greek seasoning. Also did some grilled silver queen corn. The only problem is that mine were imaginary since I did not take any pictures. :?
I've never had a bad day barbequeing or fishing. I've just had some that were better than others.

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:13 am
Griffin well done
well done

Nice and juicy. Looks like you cooked them to perfection.

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:33 am
sroach well done
well done

Dyal,

Those look insane... Great job.

question, where do you get all these rubs you mention, do you order them off a webpage, if so can you share?

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:00 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Those are some really moist and tasty looking chops dyal!!

I'll ask you a variation of the question I just asked Griffin in one of his posts: I've seen you have the c/i grill grate, why didn't you use it here? Not being critical just asking.

Jim

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:15 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, y'all! :)

Brad, nope, I did not brine these. They were rather thin and already butterflied, so I just grilled them up the way they were.

sroach, I picked up some Sucklebusters Hoochie Momma and Hog Waller while I was in the airport at San Antonio. I find that the gift shops at various airports seem to always carry really cool local stuff.

Jim, I use my SS grate when I'm cooking at temps less than 400 deg f (when I'm not looking to get grill marks). I grilled these up at a lower temp because I wanted to get an even heat throughout.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion