Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Garlic pepper sirloin tip roast

Garlic pepper sirloin tip roast

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:40 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

This is a take on the Garlic Pepper Rib Roast recipe on page 168 of BBQ USA. I was in the grocery store last Saturday trying to come up with something for Sunday, and this 4-lb sirloin tip roast caught my eye.

The ingredients are simple but pack plenty of flavor.

I made and applied the wet rub Saturday afternoon but didn't actually cook the roast until almost 24 hours later. The appearance changed quite a bit and yes, I left the netting on. And even though I smashed the heck out of the peppercorns I still wound up with quite a few whole ones.
Image Image

I used the rotisserie and it took about 1:15 at around 375 degrees.

My parents stopped by semi-unexpectedly so we invited them to stay for a sandwich. My dad likes his beef pretty done and fortunately some end pieces were to his liking, but there was also plenty of rare and medium-rare beef for the rest of us.
Image Image

Pit beef sauce is recommended and it's another flavorful product made with only a few ingredients.

Today's Blue Plate Special, although with the red beef and white sauce I could call it an all-American sandwich, too! :wink:

I'm sure I've posted about this recipe before but it really is one of my favorites, whether on the rotisserie or indirect on the grate. It's simple, relatively quick, and very, very good. And it kicks Arby's butt. :lol:

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:01 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Have you ever thought of trying wasabi?
Got beer???

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:09 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Straight or as a substitute for the horseradish in the pit beef sauce? I'll bet that would be an interesting twist!

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:36 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Straight or as a substitute for the horseradish in the pit beef sauce? I'll bet that would be an interesting twist!

Either way, whatever your preference, Brad. I think the extra heat would really compliment the way you like your beef cooked rare. They would each bring out the other's best qualities.
Got beer???

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:43 am
QJuju well done
well done

Now that looks wicked good! I will be moving that up the list!

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:08 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

That looks fantastic! I'm due for some red meat.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:16 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

QJuju wrote:
Now that looks wicked good!

+1 :D

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:31 am
sroach well done
well done

Looks awesome, love that finished picture with the netting still on. Looks like a pic form a magazine.

+1 on the wasbi, I like mixing it in to mayo, makes for a nice sandwich spread.

Return to General Discussion