Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion John Henry Rubs

John Henry Rubs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:48 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

So I'm on a shopping spree...Just bought my wok, spider, welder gloves and some accessories for the wok on the cermaic grill store....Just bought some rubs from Dizzy and now looking at some John Henry rubs or any other must have rubs or sauces...Send those suggestions my way!

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:33 pm
jsperk well done
well done

I like John Heny's Tammy's herbal rub, old stock yard. Just watched the sugar based ones. I had rasberry chipolte and was like cotton candy.
Texas bbq rubs is another good one.
http://texasbbqrub.com/
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:21 am
Griffin well done
well done

I liked the Texas Chicken Tickler (or whatever it's called) The rest that I tried (3 or 4....I bought a sampler pack) all had too much sugar and were tossed in the trash before I used a quarter of the shaker. I did buy the chicken one a few times when I ran out.

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:38 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
I liked the Texas Chicken Tickler (or whatever it's called) The rest that I tried (3 or 4....I bought a sampler pack) all had too much sugar and were tossed in the trash before I used a quarter of the shaker. I did buy the chicken one a few times when I ran out.

Any other one you would recommend Griff?

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:04 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Honestly, I can't remember what I had. I think there was a carribean rub. I know we didn't like the brisket one. Can't think of the others. I was going to do a search, but we can't search by author anymore....at least I couldn't figure it out.

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:44 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Honestly, I can't remember what I had. I think there was a carribean rub. I know we didn't like the brisket one. Can't think of the others. I was going to do a search, but we can't search by author anymore....at least I couldn't figure it out.

Nahh I mean any other rubs or sauces from any other companies????

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:08 am
Griffin well done
well done

Dizzy Pig makes good rubs, lots of variations. Salt Lick is pretty good, but has some heat to it, so use sparingly. Bear with me, I'm trying to think what I have in my spice rack....

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:39 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Dizzy Pig makes good rubs, lots of variations. Salt Lick is pretty good, but has some heat to it, so use sparingly. Bear with me, I'm trying to think what I have in my spice rack....

No problem. I got Pineapple Head, Shakin The Tree, Raising the Steaks and Red Eye Express....

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:59 pm
Griffin well done
well done

If you like Tony Cachere's, try DP Swamp Venom. It will replace Tony's as your cajun seasoning.

Return to General Discussion