Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pulled Pork with Pictures

Pulled Pork with Pictures

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:46 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

So yesterday was such a beautiful day and my wife was off of work so I had planned on smoking a pork shoulder. We definitely got a smaller sized one a few months ago it was a little less than 5 lbs and yesterday smoking this thing was why I love my Egg but also why I love BBQ. I rubbed the shoulder with some AP Dizzy Pig Rub and put some pecan wood (that's all I had) for smoke. Got the smoker to around 250 and put it in

Untitled by EKomrska, on Flickr

About 2.5 hours in and the temp was about 160 or so

I had some hungry people and for 3 hours the pork didn't move from 172 and I knew I had to adjust that quickly or we'd never eat so I wrapped it in foil. After about an hour or so in the foil it finally got to about 192...Wasn't as easily pullable as I like but I had hungry hungry people.

Overall, I love the smoke ring on this and it had a great flavor to it....

I made my own homemade BBQ sauce for most everyone in the family cause they like it sweet but I used the Palmetto Juice that DyalSC gave me....Let me tell you it was FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!! I could drink that bottle Dyal! It's that good...A nice little kick at the end but overall great flavor.

WE had some cole slaw (homemade) and then some other things from Whole Foods like a Quinoa California Salad and Macaroni Salad. The Quinoa was fabulous from there!

So during the cook I left for about 3 hours...Left the temp was 265 came back the temp was 261....That was a beautiful thing! Knowing that no matter what the Egg unless a huge chunk of wood catches on fire I don't have to worry! Love that thing. Another thing I think my parents learned from this was when I tell them "it'll be done when it's done" I really mean it that you can't rush BBQ and the meats don't really know a clock at all.

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:15 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Great looking pulled pork Eddie!!
Love that smoke ring. I also tell my camping group the same thing “the food is ready when it’s ready”
Can’t rush perfection :lol:

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:49 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Thanks bud. I was surprised I got that good of a ring on that little of a shoulder but hey it was good!!!!

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:59 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Looks really good Eddie. Nice ring.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:26 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

I'd like a plate of that, Eddie. Me too on the smoke ring! 8) :D
Got beer???

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:51 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Great looking pulled pork!! +1 on the smoke ring. I've gotten so I really like pecan wood. I'm curious, did you use chips mixed through the lump or chunks?

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:39 pm
Buckeye Bob well done
well done

Eddie,

That looks awesome. I had a similar stall on the brisket and did cover in foil for a little. I'm sure your friends didn't care and loved it.

Great job!

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:45 pm
sroach well done
well done

Looks awesome, and you're right a nice smoke ring!

I am going to have to dig up this barbq sauce recipe of Dyal's sounds like a winner!

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:57 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Wonderful looking spread!!! I'm so glad you liked the sauce! It goes really well on shrimp too, BTW. :wink: I finally finished my first bottle. About to crack open my 2nd. It lasts awhle.

sroach, it's not my recipe. It's a local bottle from GA (weird, I know, since SC is the Palmetto State... :wink: )...

Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion