Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Weber Basket Rotisserie question

Weber Basket Rotisserie question

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:41 am
MaxDog rare
rare

The folks at Weber tell me that the basket style rotiserie is the only one they make that will fit my new Genesis Silver C. The rotisserie looks grossly over engineered and doesn't look like they can fit rib roasts or turkeys. Anybody have experience with them?

Or better yet, anybody succeed in getting a traditional spit style rotisserie on a Genesis Silver grill?
How lovely it is to do nothing and then rest afterwards

Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:50 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

MaxDog,

I don’t have the Genesis but this may help. The Rotisserie Kit you speak of is the 9891 which does look quite complex. Have you looked at the 9890?

The 9890: Rotisserie Kit for the Weber Genesis 1000, 1500, 2000, 3000, 3500, 4000, 5000, 5500, and Silver C series barbecues. Contains spit rod, 2 spit forks, motor mount bracket, electric motor, and rotisserie counter balance. Here are a couple of links. The second one had a photo.

1. http://www.mainstreetfuels.com/weber/we ... /wsilc.htm

2. http://hallkids.com/index.php/Mode/prod ... 331/page/1

Genesis Rotisserie
Attaches to Weber Gas Barbecues. Includes a heavy-duty electric motor, on/off switch, wood rod handle, and counterbalance for smooth turning and less motor wear. Item # 141759

3. http://www.bbqgalore-online.com/BBQ2001 ... rparts.asp

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:28 pm
MaxDog rare
rare

Bob-bqn

Thanks for the links. I have been looking at the 9890 (spit style) but the Weber site does not indicate whether it fits the current version of the Genesis Silver C. On top of that I see a review (originally on Amazon, but quoted everywhere) that the 9890 doesn't fit "new" Genesis B grills. Arrgh! The first link you sent is the first time I've seen any mention of the 9890 fitting my grill. Guess I gotta just try.

Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:33 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

You might try giving them a call before ordering. Hopefully they'll have some good news for you.

Post Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:07 pm
MaxDog rare
rare

Just for completness: t

he nice folks at Ace Hardware had a Weber 9890 and a Genesis Silver C -- so they let me test it out. Yes it fits. Yes it does a great job. Just wish the folks at Weber would include four prong forks! Well, got a line on those from an online dealer.

Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:48 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Share that line...four prongs would be nice...

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:09 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

MaxDog,

Good to hear you found a match. Way to go Ace!

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:03 am

And continuing my rotissing adventure -- for anyone thinking of getting one of these (any kind, whatever fits your rig) all I have to say is: Get it! This thing is the way to cook poultry. Game hens are fabulous -- crisp skin, juicy meat. Yum!

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:03 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I would love a rotisserie rig for my Patio Classic (formerly Kingsford Grill) but it would take some serious mods to make it work. So maybe my next grill will accommodate one. For now I'll sit'em on a can!!!

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:10 pm
chagan well done
well done

I couldn't find a rotisserie for my grill so I fabricated an attachment that fits on my 18 volt Makita drill. It works fairly well- you've never rotisseried until you've rotisseried at 3000 RPM. Great flavor and talk about tender- the meat just falls off the bone.....well.....actually..... it flies off the bone in random directions- usually ending up in the neighbor's yard, swimming pool and rooftop. But what better way to meet new and interesting people.

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:54 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I have an 18 volt Dewalt and a taste for fast food...

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:53 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And you guys make fun of my humor!!

Now you need to baste it with a pressure washer and you're all set!

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:32 am
hickory pete well done
well done

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I can't take it no more..you guys are killing me!! (just kidding, I think it's great). No one's making fun of your humor (GS), but I think you did start all of this. :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by hickory pete on Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:31 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Pete don't be mad, I'm just poking fun. I nearly fell off may chair I thought it was a great post. A day later and its still making me laugh.
A day without humor is like a day without...grilling!

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:35 am
hickory pete well done
well done

I think the humor is great..I'm certainly not upset about it..The posts had me in stitches :lol:

Return to General Discussion