Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Prime Grade Rib-eye with Shallots & Garlic

Prime Grade Rib-eye with Shallots & Garlic

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:34 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Thanks guys for your kind words.

jstewart wrote:
... In fact, my wife grimaces when a steak is brought to me in a restaurant because I'm not hesitant to return a steak that is not cooked properly, especially when you look at the price.
Thanks again Jimmy.I have little to no chance of getting inside a steakhouse if I am with my wife. She says: Why should we pay their prices for a steak that you can do better? My only shot was if she was in the mood for something else, like Outback's Hot Wings which she loves. I may be in trouble there too. She declared the peppered wings I made on the Egg last night to be the best wings she's had.

Of course not ever going to Outback might not be a bad thing either. Several times when I've had the new wood fired version of one of their steaks I noted a "foreign" flavor. At first I couldn't place it. After the second time I'm pretty sure it was lighter fluid. Both times I noticed this it was just after opening. I am wondering if the grill wasn't getting hot enough and they squirted on some lighter fluid to speed things along.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:51 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

The steak and sauce looks AMAZING. I think that's an anniversary dinner for the wife and I....We are very partial to Bearnaise sauce but that looks fantastic.

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:24 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

EddieK1376 wrote:
...I think that's an anniversary dinner for the wife and I....
Thanks Eddie! My anniversary is on the 10th in two days and I think you've given me an idea for what I'm going to do. My wife never had the steak, she was away so I'm sure it will be a big surprise for her just how good it was. BTW when is your anniversary?

Jim
2 Large BGEs

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:32 pm
jstewart well done
well done

jfm0830 wrote:
Thanks guys for your kind words.

jstewart wrote:
... In fact, my wife grimaces when a steak is brought to me in a restaurant because I'm not hesitant to return a steak that is not cooked properly, especially when you look at the price.
Thanks again Jimmy.I have little to no chance of getting inside a steakhouse if I am with my wife. She says: Why should we pay their prices for a steak that you can do better? My only shot was if she was in the mood for something else, like Outback's Hot Wings which she loves. I may be in trouble there too. She declared the peppered wings I made on the Egg last night to be the best wings she's had.

Of course not ever going to Outback might not be a bad thing either. Several times when I've had the new wood fired version of one of their steaks I noted a "foreign" flavor. At first I couldn't place it. After the second time I'm pretty sure it was lighter fluid. Both times I noticed this it was just after opening. I am wondering if the grill wasn't getting hot enough and they squirted on some lighter fluid to speed things along.

Jim
Yikes....that isn't good. It is bad enough to go to a restaurant and you ask for your steak to be cooked rare (or pick your preference) only to have it come out some other way. Having it come out tasting of lighter fluid is another problem all-together.....
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

jfm0830 well done
well done

EddieK:
I stole your idea of cooking that steak for your anniversary for my own anniversary last night. I got two more prime grade ribeyes. I did everything the same as I did the first time and the results were equally excellent!! Thanks for the great idea, my wife has been telling her friends about it today, calling it the best steak she's ever had in her life.

Oh to nip one question in the bud: there are no pictures. I haven't been happily married for 27 years for nothing. I know when it's time to take pictures and I know when it's time to pay attention to your wife. Our anniversary was the latter.

Jim
2 Large BGEs

Re:

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:55 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

jfm0830 wrote:
EddieK1376 wrote:
...I think that's an anniversary dinner for the wife and I....
Thanks Eddie! My anniversary is on the 10th in two days and I think you've given me an idea for what I'm going to do. My wife never had the steak, she was away so I'm sure it will be a big surprise for her just how good it was. BTW when is your anniversary?

Jim

Ours is one month..Sept 9

Previous

Return to General Discussion