Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled Pizza

Grilled Pizza

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:40 am
smokin'gal well done
well done

jfm0830 wrote:
Do either of you (or anyone else) have any experience with their high temperature Nomex replacement gasket? It looks like it has some benefits over the one that the BGE folks sell.

I bought one along with the fire grate, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Hope to do so soon.

Griffin wrote:
I've wondered about how much lump you end up losing falling through the High Que.

If you go poking around in the left over coals, the very small pieces will go through. BBCue-Z's expanded metal addition is an excellent one.

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:17 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

smokin'gal wrote:
Griffin wrote:
I've wondered about how much lump you end up losing falling through the High Que.

If you go poking around in the left over coals, the very small pieces will go through. BBCue-Z's expanded metal addition is an excellent one.

So reading into that: I take it that you don't stir up the coals and just add more lump in as required for each cook? The ash that would normally clog up the holes in the side of the firebox will just make its way down through the bigger grate openings naturally and not be an issue. I ASSumed that you still stirred the coals, but the real small pieces of lump and the ash went through better than it did on the stock grate.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Previous

Return to General Discussion